Tacoma, WA • Medical Department
PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an experienced Registered Dietitian.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provides quality nutritional care and education to patients of all ages. Participate in multidisciplinary teams to care for patients with complex conditions (diabetes, obesity, pain management.)
NUTRITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide PTHA patients with individualized assessment, nutrition counseling and nutrition care plans that are appropriate, feasible, and practical.
- Follow-up on all referred patients and document attempts to contact within 3 days.
- Following initial appointment, provide a written response to the referring provider within 3 days.
- Screen all patients for tobacco use and refer to Tobacco Cessation Program at each patient encounter.
- Identify potential and acute needs of clients and make appropriate referrals as needed.
- Provide consultation and work in partnership with healthcare teams to motivate patients in their wellness journey.
- Assist in the development of organizational nutrition-related policies as needed.
- Provide scheduled nutrition education classes/workshops for diabetes and weight management, and for other nutrition topics (i.e. cooking classes).
- Assist in developing annual program goals, objectives and activities.
- Nutrition planning/advocacy for individual patients involved in Full Circle Wellness Program
WIC PROGRAM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide counseling and create care plans for all high risk WIC participants, once per participant certification period, according to WIC policy, and make referral as needed.
- Develop the annual nutrition education plan for the WIC program, per State WIC guidelines, with consideration for the client’s ethnic and cultural needs.
- Provide back up to WIC Certifier and Breastfeeding Support on an as needed basis.
- Current WA State certification as a Dietitian
- At least two (2) years' diabetes education experience
- Experience working with electronic health record systems
- Must obtain BLS certification and WA State Food Worker Card within one month of hire
$72,800 - $78,778 DOE