Come join our growing team! Voted one of the 2022 Best Places to Work in Maine, Paquin & Carroll provides competitive pay & benefits. Our employees can enjoy low cost medical insurance premiums, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, a 401K employer contribution and match, student debt repayment, employer HSA contributions, a wellness program... and much more!
Sells new accounts and renews existing accounts in keeping with agency and individual goals while building relationships with clients. Identifies and solicits sales prospects from various sources.
- Presents proposals in a professional manner.
- Makes the sale and collects necessary deposits, arranges for binders, certificates, etc. Collects all premiums that are due on or before effective date of coverage.
- Negotiates annual new and renewal production goals with the President.
- Develops prospects through an organized agency direct solicitation program, referrals from present accounts, and target-marketing leads and through community affiliations and other contacts.
- Develops information and recommendations for prospective accounts, presents proposals and adheres to agency policies and procedures for writing a new account.
- Establishes servicing procedures when necessary for designated accounts.
- Establishes payment arrangements for each new/renewal account, adhering to agency guidelines, policies and procedures regarding the payment of policy premium.
- Performs periodic service calls on designated accounts.
- Maintains a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with customers, as well as agency and company personnel, to minimize potentials for error or omission claims.
- Identifies and solicits sales prospects from various sources provided by agency, by cold calls, mailings, and phone contacts.
- Solicits referrals from existing agency accounts with a target of an average of two referrals per account annually.
- Assists in resolving any problems in accounting or claims for accounts produced.
- Coordinates timely presentations for both new and renewal business.
- Assists in marketing accounts where appropriate due to relationships or product expertise.
- Documents all material conversations with insureds and/or carriers regarding exposures and coverages
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Aggressive and assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others with demonstrated effective verbal and written presentation skills. Willing to travel as required. Expected to meet monthly new business premium goals through a variety of sources: cold calls, referrals, niche marketing, etc.
Maintains knowledge of underwriting criteria for carriers represented by agency. Assists in collecting earned premiums, audit premium. Property & Casualty & Life insurance license as required by the State Department of Insurance in states where the agency functions. Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation system (AMS) and various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel.
Fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the job.
- Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the agency’s essential functions.
- This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to unilateral change and revision by management.
- Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description.
- All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged employees.