CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
About the Role
The primary function of Senior Technical Content Developer - Center of Excellence is to provide quality technical enablement documentation and training for CloudBees internal technical teams and external audiences.
As a Senior Technical Content Developer, you are engaged with engineering, professional services, and customer support subject-matter experts as well as leadership from across the company to develop technical content. Your objective is to identify gaps in existing content areas and to fill them with quality materials so Technical Field enablement teams can help customers adopt CloudBees Platform with a minimum of friction.
In addition, you will collaborate with embedded Content Developers and Technical Curriculum Developers to publish your content wherever it best serves external audiences.
What you'll do
- Using your advanced technical writing skills, organize highly-technical best practices and recommendations into enterprise-level engineering excellence documentation to enable Technical Field teams responsible for getting customers up and running with CloudBees software and CloudBees SaaS offerings
- Contribute these best practices back to external documentation and training when applicable
- Develop technical diagrams to accompany documentation
- Work collaboratively with engineering SMEs to coordinate deliverables and dependencies
- Develop learning tutorials and practice labs
- Establish learning paths for technical teams, so they can adopt new technologies
- Develop and maintain working relationships with subject-matter experts through online channels and live meetings
- Collaborate with operations engineers to develop and test training lab environments
- Perform structural and copy editing on existing content to match curriculum standards, corporate style guidelines, and success criteria
- Scope projects and estimate time requirements to meet deadlines and set expectations
- Use Agile methods to work on multiple projects at a time while tracking progress and deadlines as well as coordinating with subject-matter experts
What the job requires
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Excellent problem-solving, organization, and communication skills
- High proficiency in working with subject-matter experts to clarify and organize complex technical content
- 7+ years of technical writing experience
- 2+ years of enterprise-level content experience is a plus
- Experience performing peer copy editing is a plus
- Proficiency in creating self-paced training videos and written course materials
- Proficiency publishing in a Learning Management System
- Ability to understand and explain highly technical enterprise-level curriculum
- Willingness to learn about cloud hosting (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.) and virtualization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Willingness to learn source code management, specifically Git
- Willingness to learn bug tracking systems, specifically Jira
- Willingness to learn markup syntax such as AsciiDoc, Markdown, or reStructuredText
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies is a plus
- Experience creating interactive adult learning is a plus
- Experience with Jenkins is a plus
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery/deployment technologies and processes is a plus
We’re invested in you!
We offer competitive benefits packages, opportunities for professional development, and more. We also offer generous paid time off to allow our employees time to rest, recharge and to be present with family and friends throughout the year.
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem-solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.