American Spoon Foods is hiring for the General Kitchen Assistant position at our Preservation/Production Kitchen located at 1668 Clarion Ave Petoskey, Michigan.
This is a year-round position, [typically] 4/10 schedule, Monday-Thursday, 3-day weekends, NO nights, No weekends, No holidays! PTO available, paid holidays and more....
We are seeking an individual with great communication skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence and teamwork.
Join a TEAM of Top-Notch employees that produce the very best Fruit Preserves, Condiments, Sauces, Mixes and Salsas sourced from local farmers and purveyors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all departmental rules, policies, and procedures, as well as quality and safety standards.
- Assist with assorted kitchen duties as directed by Supervisor/Manager.
- Help maintain cleanliness of production kitchen throughout shift.
- Willingness to assist the cooks, ingredient prep area, label area, line operation, glass table operation, quality testing operation, dry packaging operation, and receiving area to support the successful operation of our Preservation Kitchen.
- Be able to work with fast-paced, continuous movements for up to four hours.
- Can lift equipment, boxes, and ingredients up to 50 lbs. in weight.
- Be proficient in basic math.
- Basic knowledge of kitchen hygiene and safety standards and be able to follow food safety and sanitation protocol, with knowledge of food preparation.
- Be able to maintain focus, demonstrate active listening skills and follow instructions.
- Have reliable transportation to get to and from work.
- Demonstrate a consistent positive attitude.
- Understand and display time management aptitude.