The Senior Superintendent is responsible for the day-to-day coordination and direction of all field construction activities for their assigned project. They will provide leadership, training, and support to all field staff to ensure project goals are met. This role will have significant interaction with owners, designers, government representatives, subcontractors, local inspectors, and other agencies. Their focus will be on budget, quality, safety, and schedule for all parties involved.
What you will be doing:
- Train and mentor staff to grow and advance in their careers and achieve their goals.
- Work with the Safety Manager to establish project safety and manage site safety including daily safety inspections and requirements for JHAs.
- Onsite implementation of the QA/QC program.
- Work with project teams to maintain the field budget.
- Create, assist in, and manage project schedule. Produce look-ahead schedules and communicate direction to necessary staff.
- Review, monitor, and control field labor, equipment, and rentals to avoid cost overruns and provide cost-saving ideas. Communicate and document costs to project management staff as they occur for monthly projections.
- Coordination with all jurisdictional permitting, inspection entities, and third-party testing agencies.
- Ensure projects start-up effectively. Attend kick-off meetings with the project team.
- Provide management of the closeout process. Attend closeout meetings and ensure tasks are assigned and completed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Warranty Manager to ensure callbacks are completed effectively and timely. Apply lessons learned from the warranty callbacks to prevent similar issues in the future.
What you will bring along:
- 10-15+ years of experience as a seasoned construction professional with a General Contractor.
- Proven leadership, coaching, and mentoring experience.
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with broad-based individuals, from craft to higher-level project ownership.
- Ability to create and manage a team environment and foster accountability among team members.
- Ability to report project health analytics to leadership on a monthly basis.
- Strong understanding of the nuances of multi-family projects.
- Successful completion of large-scale multifamily construction projects over $80M.
- Strong technical understanding of design documents and methodology of various types of commercial construction.
- Current driver’s license (valid for the past 12 months) and acceptable Motor Vehicle record.
- Professional Certifications: OSHA 30 certification, First Aid / CPR certification, SWMP certification, LEED certifications preferred but not required
What we offer:
- Our acclaimed Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- A generous Open Paid Leave Program and paid parental leave
- Flexible benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) match
- Competitive compensation, cash bonuses, spot-bonuses
- We are committed to making a positive impact in the communities where we live, work, and play through our Volunteer Time Off program.
- Other benefits include a company truck, fuel card, company laptop, and monthly cell phone reimbursement.
Salary: Minimum of $140,000. Salary is commensurate with skills, experience, and education.