About the Role:
The Estimator is responsible for leading the estimating effort for an assigned project in conjunction with the Preconstruction Manager. This includes preparing estimates, quantity take-offs, bid leveling, supporting documentation, pricing negotiations, pricing analysis, schedules, and management of subcontractor/vendor relations.
What you will be doing:
- Provide estimating services for projects ranging from $10M-$100M.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with various stakeholders including owners, developers, designers, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Actively participate in the preparation of RFP/RFQ responses and interviews.
- Evaluate pricing proposals from subcontractors and vendors.
- Develop bid packages and subcontractor scopes of work.
- Perform value engineering and life cycle costing.
- Provide accurate estimates and value engineering to clients.
- Support buyout and procurement strategy, identifying scopes/trades necessary for schedule adherence and to maintain budget.
- Identify constructability issues during design progression stages.
- Collaborate with operations staff to prepare estimates for all stages of design, from conceptual through final construction documents.
Qualifications – Desired Education & Experience:
- Knowledge of commercial, healthcare, multi-family, design/build, and design/assist construction projects.
- 5+ years prior experience as estimator lead on projects. Project management experience is a plus.
- Understanding of contractual risks associated with Owner and Subcontractor Agreements.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Analytical skills, mathematical aptitude, and solutions-oriented.
- Demonstrate ability for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Team-oriented mentality.
- Proficiency with Sage Timberline Estimating, ConstructConnect, BuildingConnected, Bluebeam, and MS Suite. Prior experience with project management software such as CMiC, Procore, Autodesk, and Phoenix scheduling.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or a combination of related field/work experience.
What we offer:
- Our acclaimed Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- A generous Open Paid Leave Program and paid parental leave.
- Flexible benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) match
- Competitive compensation, cash bonuses, spot-bonuses
- Mileage reimbursement
- We are committed to making a positive impact in the communities where we live, work, and play through our Volunteer Time Off program.
Salary: Minimum of $90,000 annually. Salary is commensurate with technical skills and experience.