Being a high-growth company is about more than an expanding headcount and new business. At Essentia, being a high-growth company means entering new industries, proactively developing practices to meet tomorrow’s needs, and embracing a growth mindset as we meet new challenges daily.
What We Are Looking For
This is an entry to mid-level technical support position, working with Designers, Engineers, GIS Management, and other support staff. Vetro Technicians are expected to have basic level knowledge of GIS programs, spatial and cartographic understanding, and GIS software skills with a specialized focus on Vetro and a basic understanding of telecommunication OSP principals.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
- 1-2 years of experience working within Vetro software.
- Required High school degree or GED or equivalent technical experience.
- 1-4 Year(s) Experience in GIS and / or CAD programs and working in the GIS utility industry.
- Basic knowledge of OSP telecommunication principals
- Moderate amount of on-the-job training to use client programs and processes.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, operational procedures, etc.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, clients, and other employees in the organization.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prepare fiber as-builts and schematics using Vetro software.
- Assist in creating web-based mapping tools (ESRI ArcGIS Online) webapps, web maps, and dashboards to assist the client and internal use.
- Develop a working knowledge of client construction standards and utility information systems.
- Develop and maintain standards for use in the company produced schematics.
- Prepare Documents and reports with Microsoft and other industry specific programs.
- Support the maintenance and operation of Vetro applications by maintaining, reporting, and posting work.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is a top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- United Healthcare medical plan
- Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
- Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents
- Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
- 8 paid holidays and 12 days PTO to start
- Career development tuition reimbursement
- Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
- A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
- We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
- Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
- We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
- We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
- INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
- COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
- IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
- JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we find the candidate who meets or exceeds our expectations. Interviews will be conducted virtually, with the potential of in-person interviews for local candidates, and will include a meeting with the CFO, pre-employment cognitive and personality assessments, a background screening, and drug test. We offer an industry competitive compensation package that looks to reward candidates based on their experience and skills as they pertain to the role’s requirements.
Essentia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. Essentia also participates in the federal eVerify program.