Who We Are:
FFB is an award-winning, single-branch bank that originated in Fresno, CA. Since its opening in 2005, FFB’s mission has been to provide customers with 1st class banking services. At FFB, we understand that every person who walks through our doors is unique. Therefore, we strive to provide each customer with a carefully crafted banking solution that is tailored to their individual needs. It's with this customer-first mentality that FFB has become one of the leading community banks in the nation.
Despite being headquartered in Fresno, CA, members of the FFB team come from all over the country! Since we believe that people are our greatest asset, we are always seeking ambitious, passionate candidates who share FFB’s goals and values regardless of where they live. If you feel that you could be a great addition to our team, then we encourage you to reach out and apply!
Recent Awards and Recognitions:
- Voted Best Bank by Best of Central California People's Choice 2022
- Rated the #10 Community Bank in the Nation
- Ranked #6 on American Banker’s Top Publicly Traded Community Banks List 2022
What You Should Expect While Working at FFB:
- Company ownership through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- A friendly, close-Knit work culture that encourages growth
- Opportunities to Participate in Community Networking Events
- Benefits Package
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Training & Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Internal Job Posting & Referral Program
FFB prides itself on its core values of Teamwork, Relationship, Authenticity, and Commitment (TRAC). We expect that our team members will reflect these values in the workplace in various ways:
- Teamwork – We collaborate, hold each other accountable, and win together.
- Relationship – We are trustworthy, transparent, and respectful.
- Authentic – We are humble, vulnerable, and we speak up.
- Commitment – We are owners...Be hungry, responsive, and have a sense of urgency.
Employment with FFB will allow you to earn competitively, grow professionally and enjoy a collaborative and compassionate culture that rewards good ideas, good work, and initiative.
The Merchant Services Underwriter will review and analyze merchant applications to qualify their credit worthiness. You will follow all appropriate credit policies and guidelines to mitigate overall financial and reputational risk exposures.
- Required to make a comprehensive assessment of a merchant’s creditworthiness, including credit reports, TIN/OFAC checks, identity theft, bank account, and address verifications.
- Understand and analyze Consumer Credit Reports.
- Ability to read and analyze Financial Statements.
- Ability to review and analyze both Business Bank Statements and Merchant Processing Statements with chargeback and refund exposure.
- Ability to effectively identify fraudulent merchant application submissions through thorough analysis and use of internal and external underwriting tools.
- Understand the credit/risk scales and all policies in depth.
- Interact with both internal and external sales agents and merchants to resolve all pending items needed to make a decision on an application.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable professional experience.
- 2-4 years of merchant services underwriting experience.
- Experience with TSYS, IRIS CRM preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast pace dynamic environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrate proficiency to independently underwrite concurrence applications, within approval authority, consistent with underwriting policies.
- Ability to take initiative.