The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Archdiocese of St. Louis (SVDP), is a grassroots, volunteer-based, direct-aid organization that brings together men and women to grow in their spirituality through service for others. We have been serving the Greater St. Louis area since 1845. We are part of a national organization and linked by the common mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
The Archdiocesan Council is composed of 140+ parish-based volunteer groups called Conferences. The Main Council operation serves as a resource and support system for these Conferences.
The Call Center Representative answers live donor calls, returns calls left on voice mail, arranges for pickup, plans daily route schedule for drivers to ensure the success of SVDP’s mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Call Center Responsibilities:
• Must be detail oriented and accurate.
• Enters information on computer to create daily driver routes and keeps call center records.
• Follows a checklist with donors on SVDP’s policies regarding donated items on what we take and respectfully communicates to the donor that the driver has the right to refuse items if not in an acceptable condition.
• Handles all clothing drives, rummage sales, and other special events.
• Administrative support for department heads and managers.
• Must be able to multi-task between various on-line software in a timely manner
• Keeps a clean work area.
• Works a flexible schedule.
• Other duties as assigned.
Organization Mission and Policies:
• Supports and demonstrates excellent customer assistance by following the SVDP’s Customer Service Motto to “Serve our Valuable Customers with Distinction and Purpose” which defines “our valuable customers” as both internal and external; i.e. co-workers, donators, vendors, organizational contacts and thrift store consumers.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Entry level
• Experience with MS Office programs
• Experienced typing 30 WPM while speaking on the phone
• The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 10 pounds
• The employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.