Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
Choisys is seeking candidates for a full-time Senior Software Engineer with a top secret clearance for support to our IC client in Vienna, VA.
• Design, develop, test and deploy Java based solutions to support the customer’s requirements
• Provide technical direction for problem definition, analysis, requirements development, and implementation for complex systems consisting of elements of the Java ecosystem, Oracle RDBMS and MarkLogic NoSQL databases
• Make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements and optimization or maintenance efforts for microservice architecture IT systems
• Participate in Agile Scrum framework meetings and build associated artifacts
• Troubleshoot issues in all environments as needed
• Expertise in Systems Development Life Cycle framework
• Expertise in developing IT solutions in Java
• Advanced knowledge of SQL, NoSQL, Linux, and script languages
• Experience with performance management diagnostic methods, tools, and techniques
• Experience with systems testing and evaluation principles, methods, and tools
• Knowledge of new and emerging information technologies and/or industry trends
• Knowledge of project management principles and methods
• Experience with Agile Scrum methodology
• Proficiency with production implementation and support of enterprise Java applications on Linux/Unix
Education, Clearance and Certificate Requirements:
• Master’s degree in a related field with four (4) years’ experience OR
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field with six (6) years’ experience OR
• Associates degree with ten (10) years of related experience
• TOP SECRET clearance with the ability to acquire and maintain SCI-level clearance and be able to pass a CI polygraph
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.