Counselor III (Independent Contractor)
Tacoma, WA • Kwawachee Counseling Center
PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an Independent Contract Counselor III. This position is part-time/contract, working up to 22 hrs/week, and does not include benefits.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide assessments, group, family, and individual counseling, crisis response, and treatment for clients and their family members.
- Ability to competently screen and/or treat clients with suicide thoughts/behaviors, using evidenced based practice approaches (i.e., CBT, DBT).
- Provide direct billable service to children and adult.
- Maintain at least weekly (aka 4x/month) documented contact with each client assigned for individual counseling services. Exceptions to this must be approved and documented by Supervisor.
- Accurately document in-person client contacts electronically, on date of service.
- Develop and conduct individualized treatment plans on time.
- Treatment plans will be completed according to WAC and accreditation guidelines for all assigned clients and will include measurable goals in “client voice.”
- Maintain State licensure in respective field by completing required CEU’s and attending annual Marty Smith training.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of the DSM-5 mental and substance use diagnosis.
- Establish and maintain client case files ensuring current quality standards as required by WAC and any other accrediting body and/or county/government/contract entities.
- Coordinate with other PTHA staff in providing multi-disciplinary approach to treatment.
- Caseload demographics can vary widely based on community need at any given time. Must be willing to see all ages, diagnoses and gender, based on this fluctuation.
- Master’s Degree in Human Services or Behavioral Health field from an accredited university.
- Current Washington State license as a Mental Health Counselor, Social Worker, or Marriage and Family Therapist.
- At least three (3) years' experience in the behavioral health field providing direct counseling services to individuals, families and groups.
- Experience and/or ability to work with electronic health record systems.
- Current BLS certification.