From the moment you walk through the doors at Edgeworth Economics you will be treated as a valued addition to a team that is rich in diversity of cultures, education, and perspectives. Whether you are a consultant or a member of the administrative team you can expect to build meaningful professional and personal relationships that will help you develop your talents, interests, and career path.
Edgeworth employees enjoy a collaborative, collegial work environment with a casual dress code at each of our office locations. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include monthly phone and fitness reimbursements, weekly wellness sessions hosted onsite, a fully stocked kitchen, and regularly scheduled social events all of which aim to provide our staff with a well-rounded employment experience.
Edgeworth Economics is an economic and quantitative consulting firm that provides economic analysis and expert testimony for clients facing complex litigation, regulatory, and other challenges involving antitrust, class certification, intellectual property, and labor and employment. Edgeworth’s expert economists, statisticians, data analysts, and other professionals assist clients with innovative solutions rooted in the rigorous application of economic principles and hard data. Organizations including leading law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and government agencies rely on Edgeworth Economics to help them navigate through their most critical legal disputes and other challenges.
We pay attention to the details and work with a great sense of integrity and accountability. We are constantly striving to improve our workflow knowing that our team helps provide peace of mind to our firm’s team members, clients, and vendors.
Allow us to provide you with the opportunities, resources, and guidance necessary to develop your career at any stage.
About the Finance Team
Edgeworth’s Finance Team is responsible for the financial stewardship of Edgeworth. We pay attention to the details and work with a great sense of integrity and accountability. We are constantly striving to improve our workflow knowing that our team helps provide peace of mind to our firm’s team members, clients, and vendors.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Learn and become an expert in Edgeworth’s time and billing system, BigTime:
o Coordinate the time entry process for Edgeworth timekeepers. Ensure timely and accurate submission of records and implement edits, as necessary.
o Draft and generate monthly client bills for project administrators. Finalize and distribute bills to outside counsel and/or clients, ensuring bills adhere to contract terms and are delivered in a timely manner.
o Provide day-to-day system support, troubleshooting issues with timekeepers and project administrators.
o Create new clients and set up project codes as needed.
o Oversee training documents and conduct new hire orientations.
o Assist in upkeep and update of system records, maintaining accurate timekeeper hours and rates, client, project, and billing data.
o Assist Finance Team with collections efforts and outreach.
- Oversee completion of new project intake documents, ensuring supporting documents are signed where applicable, collected, and organized, appropriately.
- Coordinate conflict of interest checking process for new engagements. Verify that all checks are complete, consistent, accurate, and adhere to Edgeworth’s standards and procedures.
- Assist with additional requests and assignments as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics, or related field.
- 0-2 years of previous experience in a similar role, professional services experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service, including communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with peers and clients.
- Demonstrated advanced problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong prioritization, time management and follow-up skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Experience working with time and billing or CRM software a plus.
All interested candidates must apply online through Edgeworth’s Careers website, www.edgewortheconomics.com/careers. The required application materials include a resume and cover letter.