Who We Are:
FFB is an award-winning, single-branch bank that originated in Fresno, CA. Since its opening in 2005, FFB’s mission has been to provide customers with 1st class banking services. At FFB, we understand that every person who walks through our doors is unique. Therefore, we strive to provide each customer with a carefully crafted banking solution that is tailored to their individual needs. It's with this customer-first mentality that FFB has become one of the leading community banks in the nation.
Despite being headquartered in Fresno, CA, members of the FFB team come from all over the country! Since we believe that people are our greatest asset, we are always seeking ambitious, passionate candidates who share FFB’s goals and values regardless of where they live. If you feel that you could be a great addition to our team, then we encourage you to reach out and apply!
Recent Awards and Recognitions:
- Voted Best Bank by Best of Central California People's Choice 2022
- Rated the #10 Community Bank in the Nation
- Ranked #6 on American Banker’s Top Publicly Traded Community Banks List 2022
What You Should Expect While Working at FFB:
- Company ownership through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- A friendly, close-Knit work culture that encourages growth
- Opportunities to Participate in Community Networking Events
- Benefits Package
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Training & Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Internal Job Posting & Referral Program
FFB prides itself on its core values of Teamwork, Relationship, Authenticity, and Commitment (TRAC). We expect that our team members will reflect these values in the workplace in various ways:
- Teamwork – We collaborate, hold each other accountable, and win together.
- Relationship – We are trustworthy, transparent, and respectful.
- Authentic – We are humble, vulnerable, and we speak up.
- Commitment – We are owners...Be hungry, responsive, and have a sense of urgency.
Employment with FFB will allow you to earn competitively, grow professionally and enjoy a collaborative and compassionate culture that rewards good ideas, good work, and initiative.
The position of SBA Credit Analyst is responsible to assist the SBA department with gathering and analyzing credit information on current and potential borrowers. This position will also help the credit department determine the advisability of granting credit; assists loan officers in writing loan requests; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. The Credit Analyst will also help support underwriting tasks as needed.
Assures compliance with all Bank and SBA policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Analyze & asses the (potential) client’s credit & operations risk using multiple sources of information (e.g., customer’s credit and operating risks, current and historical financial statements, cash flows, tax returns, and financial trend analysis; all within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
- Assist loan officers in gathering data from customers, internal and outside sources.
- Assist with the daily monitoring and processing of disbursement of funds from the various third-party applications the Bank uses to track lines of credit and construction loans.
- Conduct industry peer comparisons and perform cash flow analyses and other such tasks and comparisons.
- Assist loan officers in Coordinating processing of approved loans; ensure loans are processed according to agreement, customer needs and conform to Bank lending policies; obtain sufficient information and/or documentation from customers; assist in solving problems relative to processing and servicing of loans.
- Assist the loan officer in managing their portfolio.
- Assist with on-going computerization of the loan review function.
- Assist loan officers in verification of funds with mortgage companies and contractors.
- Monitor loan compliance (e.g., covenant compliance, delinquencies)
- Develop knowledge of financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors, and competition.
- May represent the Bank in various community, civic, and community reinvestment functions to further enhance the Bank’s image and develop additional business.
- Reinforce the application of superior customer service through his or her own example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees.
- Assist in providing deposit and loan account ratings for loan officers.
- Operate computer terminal to obtain and process data.
- Answer phone calls, assist with client questions, and direct callers to proper Bank personnel.
- Treat people with respect; keep commitments; Inspire the trust of others; work ethically and with integrity; uphold organizational values; accept responsibility for own actions.
- Follow policies and procedures; complete administrative tasks correctly and on time; support the Bank’s goals and values; benefit the bank through outside activities.
- Perform the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Provides support for various special projects, as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Basic experience, knowledge and training in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and technical procedures.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal loan regulations and other Bank lending policies.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and members of the general public.
- Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; and word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Basic typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.