Join the team making a difference in the community!
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Community Relations Coordinator (CRC) is responsible for supporting the External Affairs Department in community engagement, communications, brand management, advocacy and fundraising. The CRC will manage internal and external communications efforts that support the strategic direction of WFH in advocacy, fundraising, and communication purposes. Responsibilities include: planning and content development of outreach materials; creation of written materials; responding to external requests for information; assisting with social media efforts; and providing communications support to internal and external stakeholders.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Work with appropriate staff and consultants to create and distribute public relations materials and reports including, but not limited to, press releases, brochures, advertisements, newsletters, special projects and annual reports that raise the profile and enhance the reputation of Westside Family Healthcare in the State of Delaware, the region and the nation.
- Support WFH’s community outreach and engagement strategy, including the coordination with internal outreach teams and external partners, track outreach events, participate in outreach events, and manage outreach resources and inventory.
- Responsible for content creation and management of WFH’s digital communications platforms, which include social media platforms, electronic newsletters, website, external affairs contact inbox, and digital patient education screens.
- Support WFH’s advocacy efforts at the local, state, and federal level.
- Assist in the implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program that includes special events, annual giving, and donor relations.
- Represent WFH on various grassroots coalitions, committees, and networks.
- Other relevant duties as assigned that advance WFH’s mission and vision
- Associates degree in communications, marketing, public affairs, business management, public health or related discipline.
- At least 1 year of experience working in non-profit and/or healthcare sector
- Experience working with various electronic communication platforms, such as customer relationship management tools, social media platforms, and website management platforms.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders at various levels, both internally and externally.
- Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines.
- Ability to function productively both independently and as a team member.
- Willingness to learn and take on new assignments and responsibilities.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends, as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record with the ability to travel among sites and off-site, as needed.