SynTerra is looking for a qualified Project Scientist. You should have 2-4 years of experience with geochemical modeling, environmental sampling, assessment, and remediation. This position requires the ability to work independently on specific tasks and in collaboration with clients and other environmental professionals. The position requires the ability to work in an outdoor environment and to travel.
We provide assessment and remediation services on a wide variety of projects for a very diverse set of clients, primarily within the Southeastern United States.
- Prepares a wide variety of recurring and nonrecurring correspondence, reports, and other documents using information obtained from the staff members, files, and other sources.
- Independently notes and follow up on professional commitments made at meetings, or by other staff members; coordinates meeting arrangements; and schedules meetings, conferences, etc.
- Uses varied and advanced functions of “office suite automation” to include diagramming, email, GIS, presentation, word processing, and spreadsheet software. Create, format, modify, edit, and print a variety of outputs from the automation listed in a professional and timely manner.
- Interprets annotations, construction plans, historical references, interviews, on-site investigations, and site plans in the development of documents that satisfy client’s needs.
- Consistent travel throughout the market area for field work
- Bachelors degree in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Software proficiency (including but not limited to): Adobe Acrobat, ESRI ArcGIS, Google Earth Pro, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in geochemical modeling
- 40 hr. OSHA HAZWOPER trained a plus
- Must be able to work in both indoor and outdoor settings in environments ranging from climate controlled office space to foul weather, heat, and rain.
- May sit or stand for several hours at a time and climb inclines (terrains, ladders, etc.).
- Required to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
More than a job:
We are looking for intelligent, ambitious, and passionate candidates to continue helping our clients throughout the Southeast. When you join SynTerra, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become part of the SynTerra family, a group of talented individuals who drive innovation and embrace change. Come join a team that you are going to LOVE – SynTerra.