Pay Range: starting at $21/hr
Snowsports instructors are eligible for a staging program that relates to applicable pay based on experience. See below for specific details.
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
At the Arapahoe Basin Snowsports School, we like to have fun while doing great work and hope to instill a love of snow sports in every guest we meet. Likewise, we want all of our instructors to have rewarding careers working alongside people they can trust and respect. As a Snowsports Instructor at A-Basin, you will teach skiing/snowboarding to adults, children, and families in a high-energy and high-alpine environment. While doing so, you aspire to nurture a love of snow sports and create a day worth repeating.
If you are passionate about skiing or snowboarding and want to share that passion with others in one of the most beautiful places on Earth, A-Basin is the place for you!
Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- PSIA/AASI exam reimbursement and pay increase upon successful completion
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following the date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- Year-round bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnerships
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
· Introduce guests to snow sports and A-Basin’s culture
· Create a safe and fun learning atmosphere while providing excellent customer service to create a day worth repeating for A-Basin’s guests
· Accurately describe and demonstrate how to ski and/or snowboard while adapting to the specific skill level of any individual guest
· Work with kids, adults, and families to nurture a love of the sport
· Understand, adhere to, and educate guests on the Responsibility Code and Skier Safety Act
· Communicate with others in an honest, accountable, transparent, and respectful manner
· Take ownership of and maintain a specific work schedule
· Make an ongoing effort to improve personal skiing and riding
Perform other duties as assigned
· PSIA - AASI certification (or international equivalent)
· Minimum 1 season of snowsports instructor experience
· Previous customer service, teaching, coaching, or other related experience – preferred
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
· Ability to multi-task and work independently without supervision
· Ability to ski, ride, walk, kneel, crawl, carry, reach, stand, stoop, squat, and lift equipment or students up to 35 lbs. while actively teaching and coaching
· Ability to withstand a high-altitude environment at all times
· Must be a minimum of 17 years old
· Must be available on weekends and holidays
· Must provide own ski or snowboard equipment and other necessary gear to work outside in a high-alpine, snowy, and cold environment
· This position will spend most of the time outside in a high-altitude, high-alpine, and snowy environment. Instructors usually wear ski/snowboard equipment for the duration of their shift and are on their feet interacting with customers most of the day. Riding a chairlift is required for this role.
Snowsports Instructor Staging Program: Instructors at A-Basin are eligible for a staging program that starts when hired and continues into employment.
Compensation: an entry wage of $20/hour, increased based on current PSIA-AASI certifications
- PSIA-AASI Level 1: $21.00/hour
- PSIA-AASI Level 2 and Children’s Specialist 1: $22.00/hour
- PSIA-AASI Level 2 and Children’s Specialist 2: $22.75/hour
- PSIA-AASI Level 3: $23.50/hour
· Additions to the entry-level wage for inexperienced instructors will consider prior experience teaching snow sports, outdoor education, and other teaching or guiding experience
· An in-house training exists to verify instructors act as Snowsports Leads on specific days. This would be a paid activity at an increased rate and would encompass heightened responsibilities. Inquire with Snowsports management for details.
· Further staging guidelines are available upon request and will be provided upon starting work.