Starting Pay: $21 per hour
Snowsports instructors are eligible for a staging program that relates to applicable pay based on experience. See below for specific details.
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
At the Arapahoe Basin Snowsports School, we like to have fun while doing great work and hope to instill a love of snow sports in every guest we meet. Likewise, we want all of our instructors to have rewarding careers working alongside people they can trust and respect. As a Snowsports Instructor at A-Basin, you will teach skiing/snowboarding to adults, children, and families in a high-energy and high-alpine environment. While doing so, you aspire to nurture a love of snow sports and create a day worth repeating.
If you are passionate about skiing or snowboarding and want to share that passion with others in one of the most beautiful places on Earth, A-Basin is the place for you!
Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- PSIA/AASI exam reimbursement and pay increase upon successful completion
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- Year-round bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Introduce guests to snow sports and A-Basin’s culture
- Create a safe and fun learning atmosphere while providing excellent customer service to create a day worth repeating for A-Basin’s guests
- Accurately describe and demonstrate how to ski and/or snowboard while adapting to the specific skill level of any individual guest
- Work with kids, adults, and families to nurture a love of the sport
- Understand, adhere to, and educate guests on the Responsibility Code and Skier Safety Act
- Communicate with others in an honest, accountable, transparent, and respectful manner
- Take ownership of and maintain a specific work schedule
- Make an ongoing effort to improve personal skiing and riding
- Perform other duties as assigned
· PSIA - AASI certification (or international equivalent)
· Minimum 1 season of snowsports instructor experience
· Previous customer service, teaching, coaching, or other related experience – preferred
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
· Ability to multi-task and work independently without supervision
· Ability to ski, ride, walk, kneel, crawl, carry, reach, stand, stoop, squat, and lift equipment or students up to 35 lbs. while actively teaching and coaching
· Ability to withstand a high-altitude environment at all times
· Must be a minimum of 17 years old
· Must be available on weekends and holidays
· Must provide own ski or snowboard equipment and other necessary gear to work outside in a high-alpine, snowy, and cold environment
· This position will spend most of the time outside in a high-altitude, high-alpine, and snowy environment. Instructors usually wear ski/snowboard equipment for the duration of their shift and are on their feet interacting with customers most of the day. Riding a chairlift is required for this role.
Snowsports Instructor Staging Program: Instructors at A-Basin are eligible for a staging program that starts when hired and continues into employment.
Compensation: an entry wage of $20/hour, increased based on current PSIA-AASI certifications
- PSIA-AASI Level 1: $21.00/hour
- PSIA-AASI Level 2 and Children’s Specialist 1: $22.00/hour
- PSIA-AASI Level 2 and Children’s Specialist 2: $22.75/hour
- PSIA-AASI Level 3: $23.50/hour
· Additions to the entry-level wage for inexperienced instructors will consider prior experience teaching snow sports, outdoor education, and other teaching or guiding experience· An in-house training exists to verify instructors act as Snowsports Leads on specific days. This would be a paid activity at an increased rate and would encompass heightened responsibilities. Inquire with Snowsports management for details.· Further staging guidelines are available upon request and will be provided upon starting work.