FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Manager, Cyber Security manages information security risk and aligns information security needs for United States (US) entities to ensure a comprehensive information security strategy is optimized across the Herstal Group. In this role, the Manager, Cyber Security leads the implementation of Herstal Group security programs, facilitates information security governance, advises senior leadership on security direction and resource investments, and ensures compliance in the US with Group policies that are designed to manage information security risk.
- Manages information security risk for US entities within the Herstal Group.
- Advocates for total information security needs and delivers a comprehensive information security group strategy to optimize the security posture of the organization.
- Leads the implementation of Group security programs, facilitates information security governance, advises senior leadership on security direction and resource investments, and ensures compliance with Group policies to manage information security risk.
- Collaborates with the Group Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and other leaders to balance security strategies with other business priorities in a risk-based approach and within the cyber security budget.
- Implements and maintains all Group information security policies.
- Ensures the compliance of the organization's information security program at the local entities.
- Evaluates and implements the training for employees in collaboration with the Cyber Team and Group CISO.
- In collaboration with business stakeholders, develops a local formal business continuity and disaster Recovery plan and performs audits at local infrastructures. Coordinates table-top exercises to test this plan with various scenarios on a scheduled basis and monitors sources to remain informed of new external threats and vulnerabilities, recommending mitigations to be implemented to continue to protect the group resources.
- Ensures proper procedures and techniques are followed to minimize the threat of internal breaches or misuse of data.
- Determines root cause of internal and external data breaches and conducts appropriate corrective actions.
- Reports on cyber security to the Group CISO, IT Director, and Group Cyber Security Steering Committee.
- Collaborates with internal auditors and outside consultants as appropriate on required security assessments and audits.
- Tracks cyber security Key Process Indicators (KPIs) in alignment with Herstal Group goals.
A Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems is required.
Ten years of experience in Information Technology with at least 5 years in cybersecurity (may be concurrent).
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional skills and competencies required to adequately perform the duties of the job:
- Deep experience in an information security role with supervisory capacity
- Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as International Standards Organization (Security Officer) 2700x, the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) frameworks
- A strong understanding of the business impact of security tools, technologies, and policies Serve as a single point of contact for helpdesk support
- Skilled in assessing risk and developing a risk-management approach to cybersecurity
- Must have excellent technical understanding of cybersecurity concepts; have a thorough understanding of risks posed by attacks, as well as what countermeasures can be put in place to address them.
- It will also help you comprehend the risks of various security threats your company faces, as well as the best way to address them.
- Risk Assessment: Ability to identify potential cyber risks and assess the impact of security threats.
- Network Security: Knowledge of network architecture, protocols, and security controls to protect against unauthorized access and data breaches.
- Threat Intelligence: Understanding of emerging threats, new malware trends, and evolving cyber-attack tactics to help preemptively detect and mitigate threats
- Security Auditing: Expertise in conducting audits and compliance reviews to assess and ensure regulatory compliance with data privacy laws and industry standards.
- Incident Response: Experience in incident response planning and management, including the ability to investigate, contain, and remediate security breaches.
- Vulnerability Management: Ability to identify system vulnerabilities and implement measures to mitigate and remediate them.
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM): Knowledge of SIEM tools, including how to configure and use them to monitor and detect security threats.
- Cloud Security: Understanding of cloud-based security solutions, including cloud access security brokers (CASB) and cloud security posture management (CSPM) platforms.
- Data Protection: Knowledge of encryption, data masking, tokenization, and other data protection techniques to ensure data confidentiality and integrity.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM): Expertise in managing user identities and access privileges, including user provisioning and de-provisioning, role-based access control, and multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- Demonstrated understanding of how to support business processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to troubleshoot applications and computer issues
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks with a customer service-oriented attitude
- Demonstrated ability to quickly perform independent research and troubleshooting techniques, but also willing to ask questions when faced with issues.
- Takes ownership of assignments without instructions.
- Should Be A true Leader, Collaborative with C-level Executives and the Board of Directors
- Shows excellent understanding of current legislation and regulations relevant to our organization.
CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional preferred
CompTIA Security+, CCSA: Checkpoint Certified Security Administrator preferred
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. May be exposed to loud noises, toxic chemicals, and dangerous machinery when on the plant floor. Domestic and international travel is required up to 30% of time.
Must be able to lift or maneuver up to 25 lbs.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522.
We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.