About the Company:
CORMETECH, Inc. was founded in 1989, and provides environmental engineering solutions and services to the North American and world's power, marine, industrial-process, refinery, and petrochemical markets. It is servicing the growth needs of the U.S. power generating fleet to comply with increasingly stringent environmental regulations in a cost effective way.
CORMETECH has fully dedicated, state-of-the art manufacturing facilities, research and development centers and testing laboratories in Charlotte (NC), Cleveland (TN), Durham (NC), and Kings Mountain (NC).
All full-time employees are eligible for benefits on day one of employment!
Summary: This position is responsible for physical and mechanical condition of the building, utility systems, facility, and production equipment. Perform a variety of general repairs, installations and maintenance to support production and process equipment. Maintain facility equipment, building and utility systems such as boilers, chillers, and water, air and gas lines. Maintain a variety of electrical, PLC and electronic equipment. Troubleshoot and diagnose problems and replace worn or defective parts. Inspect equipment and perform preventive maintenance duties.
• Determine and select needed parts and tools needed to maintain equipment and facility,
• Make robust, sustainable repairs to equipment,
• Document maintenance activities and perform in-depth shift turnover,
• Adhere to plant safety programs (LOTO, Confined Space, Electrical Safety, etc.…)
• Conduct daily maintenance support and repairs of all production and facility equipment and systems
• Conduct daily preventive maintenance of all production and facility equipment through use of the work order system.
• Perform general carpentry and general repair of facility.
• Monitor/maintain facility equipment such as, boilers, cooling towers, air compressors, chillers.
• Bend and install conduit, pull and terminate wires, replace motors as needed.
• Make repairs on electric power devices, tools, lights and fuses up to 480vac.
• Aid in building security, operate alarm and fire protection systems.
• May perform welding as required. May involve AWS Certification Training.
• Must be willing to work any shift, including 8 hour, 10 hour, or 12 hour rotating.
• Specialized training in Industrial Maintenance Technology or equivalent experience,
• Experience in three or more maintenance disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, etc.
• PLC’s and electrical troubleshooting experience preferred,
• Ability to read and use precision measuring tools such as micrometer and calipers,
• AWS Welding Certification preferred,
• Robotics experience preferred,
• Ability to work independently, or with team, and continuously learn through training,
• Computer skills,
• Physical Agility test required
Cormetech, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.