Position Title: Soldering Operator
Salary Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Manufacturing Supervisor
Since 1996, Polara has designed and manufactured the most durable, technologically advanced, ADA-compliant and pedestrian-friendly crosswalk devices available. Polara’s top priority is pedestrian safety by producing high quality products. The Soldering Operator is a critical part of the Polara team. This position works directly with our product, assembling various components, using specialized equipment to solder components and preparing the product for shipment.
Schedule: 7am- 3:30pm
JOB DUTIES: Include but are not limited to the following:
- Produces components by assembling parts and subassemblies
- Uses hand tools or machines to assemble parts.
- Prepares and solders all levels of electronic components onto Printed Circuit Boards (PCB’s) according to specifications.
- Perform all levels of SMT and thru hole hand component soldering to IPC standards.
- Conducts quality control checks.
- Reads and follows the green book guide for assembly instructions
- Work with leaded and lead- free solder
- Cleans and maintains work area and tools
- Utilize electrical and manual tools such as soldering iron, de-soldering equipment, and solder removal tools.
- Rework, repair, and modify printed circuit boards and/or assemblies to required specifications.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts, and subassemblies
- Meets daily production goals
- Focus on Quality Control
- Safety management mindset
- Dexterity and hand-eye coordination, including the ability to grasp, manipulate, and assemble parts and components that are often very small
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous manufacturing/soldering experience preferred
- J-STD-001 certified preferred