About the Role
We are excited to be searching for multiple Advisors on Strategic Partnerships who will support New Classroom’s Chief Executive Officer in bringing personalized and competency based learning philosophies into local communities. The Advisors will be key in building and nurturing strategic external relationships in service of partnership growth, fundraising, and advocacy.
The New Classrooms Board of Directors recently approved a new strategic plan, which calls for a) enhancing our offerings and increasing the number of students served with our solutions to more than 250,000; b) engaging in R&D to finish “cracking the code” as to how to catch any student up to grade level in three years or less; and c) influencing the K-12 policy landscape so that it is more conducive to innovative solutions. The Advisors will work closely with the CEO to drive this agenda, particularly as it relates to goals a and c.
The ideal candidates will be strong communicators, relationship builders, and influencers with deep networks.
What You Would Do
- Explore and develop partnerships with mission-aligned organizations consistent with organizational strategy
- Leverage, develop, and build key relationships with school districts, donors, policy makers, and industry influencers to support organizational fundraising, school partnerships, and advocacy efforts
- Serve as proxy for CEO in key meetings, conferences, and events
What We are Looking For
- 7-10+ years of experience in education, nonprofit management, project management, public policy/advocacy, communications, or external relations
- Experience relationship building with influential K-12 stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically while also managing tactics and logistics
- Comfort with building relationships across all the different stakeholders needed to accomplish goals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Executive Director/Superintendent/General Manager experience is highly desirable, especially in a mission-drive environment where you have been responsible for relationship and coalition building, strategy, funding, and implementation
Role Classification and Benefits
The salary range for this role is $150-350 per hour, depending on experience. The role is part-time and temporary and does not include full benefits.
New Classrooms is a fully remote organization. While most of this work will be completed remotely, some travel may be required for in-person meetings and gatherings.
Commitment to Diversity
At New Classrooms we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create and inspire better ways to give every student an educational foundation for lifelong success. In order to fully realize this mission we are dedicated to building a diverse pool of candidates including those from underrepresented backgrounds, and resolute in building an inclusive culture that supports and celebrates the diverse voices and perspectives of our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.