PROJECT BILLING SPECIALIST
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Role Overview: A Project Billing Specialist's main role is to facilitate project creation and closing, and client invoicing in accordance with client requirements. The role is also responsible for ensuring that client invoices are processed accurately and timely, and payment is received in a reasonable amount of time.
Responsibilities: (The following is a list of responsibilities of this position, but is not intended to cover all duties that this position may be required to perform from time to time.)
• Coordinate with Project Managers to oversee the creation and closing of projects
• Manage the billing and collecting payment for client invoices
• Ability to understand complex project billings
• Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Effectively communicate with a variety of clients.
• Provide accurate, detailed and high-quality products.
• Comply with all current policies and procedures of SynTerra.
• Full-Time employees: Available to work 40 hours per week, plus additional hours as needed to meet project deadlines.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school preferred.
• 3-5 years Project Billing experience.
• Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting programs.
• High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality.
• Strong written and oral communication skills for all levels of technical understanding.
• Attentive to detail, accurate and well organized.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
• The Project Billing Specialist must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time paying close attention to detail.
• The Project Billing Specialist’s work environment does not require much physical movement. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly sedentary.
• This position is primarily in an office environment.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.