The Material Handler I reports to the Shipping & Receiving Supervisor or Manager. Specific duties of a Material Handler include loading and unloading of trucks, movement of material throughout the warehouse, receiving material correctly, completing appropriate documentation, cycle counts, and applying safety practices in the use of equipment and the handling of the product.
- Construct wood pallets and crates
- Properly secure product into pallets/crates utilizing banding and stretch wrap film.
- Safely operate sit down and stand-up forklifts at an beginner experience level, pallet jacks, and other machinery to move materials on and off trucks, loading docks, as well as in and around the warehouse.
- Utilize proper receiving practices to identify damaged freight, as well as verify quantity and quality.
- Utilize work order data to accurately retrieve and deliver materials to and from production work areas.
- Conduct put away and restocking functions.
- Participate in basic physical inventories of warehouse, including twice weekly cycle counts.
- Responsible for conducting standard forklift operator maintenance and inspections.
- Process basic scrap material data and submit to plant management.
- Assist with quality control issues to include quarantine and containment of sub-par materials.
- Always follow the company code of conduct and safety requirements.
- Serve as a well-organized team player with a strong work ethic.
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in production/manufacturing environment
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across departments.
- Able to process information and learn best practices.
- Positive attitude in busy environment
- Required to lift 50-75lbs consistently thoughout the day.
- Commitment to safety
- Material Handler should have skills in equipment use related to material handling, such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Apply common sense to understand and carry out instructions and work independently.
- Good mathematical skills & know how to apply it to counting products.
- Ability to read, understand & interpret different documents.
- Ability to safely operate equipment.