Basic Function: Performs fabrication functions to take flat sheet goods and structural material to a finished part or product using established procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receives work order and verbal orders from Production Supervisor or team lead.
- May work off of work order, layout, or required information in our computer system.
- Sets up and operates manual fabrication equipment, (e.g.) shears, roll forming equipment, iron worker, punch press, etc. Does so using different types of foot pedals, hand levers, palm buttons, toggle switches, button controls, gauges, spot welders and various measuring devices.
- Sets up and operates CNC equipment (e.g.) turret punch press, laser torch, plasma torch, and brake press through the use of programs, layouts, and work orders using a computerized down loading system. Also uses CNC system to program some minor functions.
- Manually moves material in and out of work centers with assistance as necessary from co-workers, overhead hoists, hand pallet trucks, and tow motor.
- Sets up and operates various horizontal and vertical band saws, abrasive cut off saws, and pedestal grinders.
- Operates small hand held tools, (e.g.) grinders, drill and various deburring equipment.
- Supports the Hartzell Culture initiatives and displays and portrays the Hartzell Values.
- Supports the company’s Lean initiatives and assists in Lean projects as required.
- Follows all safety practices and rules. Maintains clean and safe working environment in line with company policies.
- Supports other departments or completes other duties as necessary.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Previous fabrication experience is strongly desired.
- Previous experience with hand held grinders, drills, hammer, cutting torch, plasma cutting torch, seam welder, flange punch, drill press is strongly desired.
- Experience with CNC equipment is preferred.
- Previous application of Lean manufacturing and structured problem solving tools is a plus.
- Good understanding of blue print reading and excellent math skills.
- Must be able to read squares, protractors, and measuring tapes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Lifts frequently (60% of normal work day) material weighing 10 – 25 lbs. Occasionally lifts (25% of normal work day) material weighing 25 – 50 lbs. Lifting generally from floor level to waist level.
- Must be capable of close, distant, and color vision and have good depth perception.
- Must reach, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Be able to read part numbers and directions provided on a worksheet.
- Must be reliable and willing to work overtime when required.
$18-$20 in the first year!