LightWerks Communication Systems is looking for an experienced Lead Technician as we continue to grow our San Diego business.
The Lead Technician’s responsibilities will include:
- Leading installation projects in a manner that ensures quality work, and completing assigned projects on time and on budget;
- Leading Level 2 Technicians to become fully-capable Lead Technicians;
- Maintaining technical expertise to the level required to expertly install and configure key product lines;
- Working to the highest professional standards in terms of timeliness, neatness, attention to detail, customer interaction, and other professional matters that reflect on the reputation of LightWerks and the quality of our work;
- Taking responsibility for, and managing and tracking the flow of, products from warehouse to job-site to installation location to ensure materials match drawings, nothings gets lost, and unused/un-needed items are returned to the warehouse as soon as possible;
- Ensuring that all jobs are completed with the highest safety standard both for LightWerks’ associates and customers;
- Interacting with LightWerks’ Project Management, Sales, and Operations personnel to help coordinate the completion of work to the customer’s specifications and delight;
- Completing job-site paperwork, personal timekeeping, and other documentation conscientiously, consistently, and on a timely basis;
- Documenting daily work activities of team(s) under your supervision, as well as documenting any reasons for delay of work beyond the control of LightWerks.
- Leading and training apprentice-level installation personnel to become fully-capable Lead Technicians;
- Maintaining tools, vehicles, and other LightWerks’ equipment and supplies to top performance standards;
- Providing on-site support (e.g. projector removal and return), and performing support calls as necessary;
- Consistently maintaining a positive attitude and performing as a team player on a day-to-day basis; and
- Providing feedback and recommendations to Sales, Technical, and Operations personnel to ensure the continuous improvement of our processes and technical capabilities
Compensation and benefits are highly competitive, bench-marked against the industry and the market, and based upon each candidate's qualifications.
- Minimum five years of relevant hands-on installation experience;
- Possessing the relevant technical skills and leadership experience to effectively manage small to medium-sized teams of technicians;
- Ability to connect Crestron and other control/signal distribution systems to the internet to allow remote engineers access to on-site systems;
- Ability to read architectural and AV system drawings and make corrections (red-lines) as appropriate;
- Leadership ability, strong inter-personal communication skills, a strong work ethic, positive outlook, and ability to multi-task;
- Possessing and maintaining an AVIXA CTS certification (preferred, but not required);
- Earning and maintaining the appropriate installation-related certifications on our key brands (e.g. Crestron) as well as others determined by Senior Management (e.g. Avigilon, Zoom, etc.);
- Un-restricted ability to climb minimum six-foot ladders;
- Un-restricted ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Windows-based PC systems;
- Possessing driver’s license that is valid in all States where LightWerks undertakes projects; and
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, in periods of a week or more.
- Must be able to see all colors in the visual spectrum (i.e. not suffering from "color blindness")
Driving and background checks, as well as pre-employment drug screening, will be performed as part of our hiring process.