The Maintenance Technician maintains the day-to-day operations and assume responsibility for maintaining the physical asset of the property.
What’s in it for you?
- Generous employer contribution for Medical and Dental through United Healthcare
- Employer Paid Vision Plans
- Company Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% of the first 3%; 50% of the next 2%.
- 13+ paid Holidays
- 15 days of PTO
- 7 Sick days
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Nationwide Pet Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Laser Correction Discount
- Employee Discounts on appliances, apparel, and more!
- Inspect buildings and equipment on a regular basis for needed repairs and improvements
- Perform necessary preventative maintenance and repairs on property as needed.
- Implement maintenance policies and standards to prevent misuse of property appliances.
- Ensure that properties are safe and void of any danger to their occupants, visitors, and workers.
- Clean and prepare vacated buildings and rooms, preparing for new occupants to move in.
- Check electrical wiring for accuracy and compliance with regulatory standards
- Check safety systems and devices for operational effectiveness monthly.
- Participate in the on-call rotation. Respond in a timely manner to emergency maintenance problems which may require attention outside of normal working hours.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies, tools, and equipment.
To perform the job successfully, the following skills and/or experience is required to qualify for the position.
- Mechanical skills to handle minor repairs and fixtures
- Knowledge of electricity to diagnose electrical problems and carry out minor repairs
- General maintenance skills
- Verbal and written communication skill for effective delivery of information
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as a Service Technician or in a similar role.
- HVAC, CMRP, or equivalent certification preferred.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds without assistance.
- Dexterity and attention to detail.