Connect for Health has a great opportunity for a Policy Intern.
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, non-profit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance Marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help, and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. Our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com
The intern will be responsible for supporting health policy research, including federal policies such as the Affordable Care Act and state Exchange policy, supporting the drafting of policy communications, assisting with data analysis, and creating data visualizations, and supporting the successful implementation of Connect for Health Colorado’s annual enrollment conference in October. We are looking for an individual who is interested in a career in public policy, government careers, or health policy, specifically.
- Conduct health policy research and analyses
- Craft internal and external communications for a non-policy focused audience
- Conduct data analysis and create data visualizations
- Support the execution of the CoverCO conference early to mid-October, which may include working with and recruiting conference speakers, crafting conference agenda, and supporting conference technology and other duties as needed.
Intern will gain skills and be exposed to:
- Health Exchange policy
- Enrollment eligibility
- Health policy research
- Health/policy communications
- Data analysis, data visualization
- Event planning
- Comfortable working remotely
- Enthusiasm for learning about health policy research
- Background in policy research, communications, and/or data analysis
- Experience with event planning preferred but not required
- Colorado resident
- Working remotely
- May require non-traditional hours immediately leading up to and during conference
- Core office hours, typically 8am-5pm with some flexibility
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short- and long-term disability and life insurance. The pay range for this position is $17.21 - $19.80 per hour.
To Apply: Please apply on our Career page at http://bit.ly/C4hcoHiring
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.