Summary: Manufacturing company headquartered in southern Orange County looking for a Demand Planner. This position will be responsible for material planning, inventory management, and database management. This position will also be responsible for strategic creation and execution of future fulfillment plans. We are looking for an individual who is a self-starter who can hit the ground running on ongoing projects and is willing to learn and grow within the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Understand products - be familiar with product life cycle.
· Manage purchase orders and vendor relationships.
· Negotiate cost with vendors and improve supply chain flexibility.
· Lead weekly calls with vendors to understand product delivery schedule and open issues.
· Conduct current and future forecasting analysis and inventory analysis to optimize the inventory in global warehouses. Analyze operating cost to improve the supply chain efficiency.
· Design and generate bi-weekly and monthly statistical forecast reports and demand plans.
· Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the Sales Forecast. Lead forecast and inventory planning meetings, review recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals (with an emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and promotions).
· Proactively facilitate the re-engineering of best practices & consensus between functional experts (Demand Planning, Inventory Planning, Purchasing, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Finance, and IT).
· Evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning systems.
Education and Experience - Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year university with some demand planning and supply chain experience preferred. Experience with international purchasing and multi-channel product procurement a plus.
Analytical Skills - Ability to work on number analysis such as cost/benefit analysis, inventory turnover rates, inventory projections and so on. Ability to research and analyze the root cause of cost change and be able to negotiate cost with vendors.
Computer Skills – Proficient in Excel, to include Macros, Pivot tables, and so on. Ability to use “Access” is a plus. PeopleSoft experience desired.
Project Management - Able to develop and coordinate project plans and communicate changes and progress. Can complete projects on time and within budget.
Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Job Type: Full-time