Bluewave is seeking an entry level Execution Project Engineer for our EPC construction projects and will report to the VP, Project Execution. The Project Engineer will be responsible for managing the flow of information on the project including but not limited to detailed budgets, plan reviews, quality control and document management. They will be responsible for maintaining data within the construction management software. Additionally, this team member will review construction design, lead in the identification and resolution of engineering or design conflicts. The successful candidate must have excellent organizational, time management, problem solving, leadership and decision-making skills.
BlueWave's mission is to protect our planet by transforming access to renewable energy. As a pioneering renewable energy company that develops and owns solar and battery storage projects, BlueWave has a long track record of success and is developing several gigawatts of solar and battery storage projects throughout the United States to ensure our grid is reliable and efficient in a clean energy future. BlueWave is proud to be a certified B Corp, recognized by B Labs as "Best in the World" in Governance.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, cell phone reimbursement, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
- Reviewing, analyzing and resolving design/construction problems, discrepancies and interferences with the design team, project leadership, client and contractors as required
- Ensuring that all project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support the development and maintenance of the overall CPM schedule
- Providing technical support for construction effort including participation in design interpretation, application of construction methods, identification, resolution and documentation of design conflicts, constructability reviews, etc., to help determine the most cost effective and schedule efficient method of construction
- Developing, implementing and administering document control functions
- Maintaining all design documents to be current with onsite construction operations
- Submitting tracking project logs, processing, coordination and documentation as required to facilitate project and maintaining official project log and documentation
- Representing the company as required during design review meeting with the design team, project coordination meetings with contractors, etc.
- Assisting in preparing special reports, studies and etc. as requested or in support of project management
- Assisting project leadership with development of scopes of work to create and confirm subcontracts and vendor purchase orders, issue field change directives, and support the validation and substantiation of contractor change order requests
- Enforcing policies, procedures and related work rules as established by Bluewave, the contract and local requirements
- Assisting with compliance of safety program that creates a safe and health work environment through the job site and adheres to OSHA safety and record keeping requirements
- Preparing reports as required, and keeping supervisors informed on progress of overall assigned activities
- Under guidance of Project Manager, monitoring work performance and of subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedules are followed
- Assist coordinate utility activities and owner required obligations
- Utilizing current construction management system to perform record-keeping tasks including, composing daily diaries, maintaining project logs and retrieving RFIs, submittal logs and agreements
- Providing assistance to assigned contractors in scheduling issues
- Meeting minute record keeping
- Monitoring the project pre-plan which includes a CPM schedule, work sequences, manpower utilization, material handling and storage requirements and equipment use
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity
- BA/BS Engineering, Construction Management or relevant curriculum or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Internship experience in construction of large-scale projects
- Experience working on a live construction site
- Familiarity with construction documentation such as reports, safety recording keeping, quality control plans, etc.
- Able to follow directions and interact with all levels of management on working construction project
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Experience engaging with multiple trades on a complex construction project
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.