FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Pantry Sous Chef
The mission of Sandy Cove Ministries is to help people connect with God and each other in order to be transformed into the image of Christ, through His Word, His creation and community.
Position Summary: Provides leadership in the Kitchen through supervising and training pantry assistants, ordering & preparing the produce, dairy and dessert items for guest that contributes to an overall excellent food service experience.
General Purpose: To lead pantry staff in producing and serving guest meals that help them connect with God & each other.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must contain an excitement for the mission at Sandy Cove Ministries
- Knowledge of safe food handling procedures
- 5 years of prior food service experience
- 2+ years of supervisor experience
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Provide spiritual leadership to department employees
- Effectively train and motivate pantry assistants of diverse background and skill levels in their responsibilities of preparation, production, sanitation, and equipment use
- Oversee pantry food preparation to ensure highest quality of both food and presentation for all Sandy Cove meals and snack breaks
- Prepare salad bar, cheese trays, fruit trays, desserts and dairy condiments for guest and staff and meet special dietary requests
- Ensure the highest level of cleanliness and safety within Kitchen as well as ensure all health & safety regulations as mandated by law and Sandy Cove policy
- Review complaints and grievances and make necessary oral/written reports to Supervisor
- Work with outside sales companies to purchase food and pantry supplies, ensuring both quality and cost-control
- Daily inspect all food store rooms, refrigerators, and freezers
- Assist in conducting inventory bi-annually
- Interpret policies and procedures to department staff as necessary
- Complete employee evaluations (90-day and annual)
- Complete any other reasonable task assigned
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven strong inter-personal and leadership skills
- Ability to make independent decisions and problem solve
- Flexible and has ability to adjust to guest needs
- Effective communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and produce accurate results
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Experience working in Christian camps or conference centers
- Serve Safe Certification (preferred)
Reporting to this position: Pantry Assistants
Physical demands of work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for long periods of time, walk, sit, bend, stretch, push use hands, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, talk, see or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and handles cold and sharp items
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment ranges from minimal to very loud. Room temperature can fluctuate dramatically and floors can become slippery.