Under direction of the Commercial Lines Sales Manager, the Commercial Lines Account Executive (commonly referred to as “Producer” in the industry) is responsible for driving new business sales revenue growth, as well as retaining assigned book of commercial lines business. A successful candidate would be an applicant that can not only pursue and close sales of new and existing commercial lines accounts, but can promote Bender Insurance Solutions' public image by effectively performing the following responsibilities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with prospective and existing clients to develop positive business relationships.
- Maximize account growth by recommending and adding all appropriate lines of coverage to meet the clients business and risk management objectives.
- Provide quotes and make sales appointments with prospects.
- Work with account manager or marketing department to complete company submissions and selection of potential markets.
- Conduct client and prospect appointments communicating proposals and renewals, explaining details and communicating desire to conduct business.
- Develop and execute annual Account Executive sales and marketing plan.
- With the assistance of the Brand Manager, implement email and direct mail campaigns to support company branding and prospect appointment strategy.
- Invite prospects and current clients to webinars, seminars and other BIS events.
- Maintain data entry into EPIC daily with notes, activities, policy info, info classes and data updates following company field definitions.
- Introduce service team to clients and request that service calls be directed to them and forward all service related calls to assigned service team.
- Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved in resolution when required.
- Participate in renewals, when appropriate, by reviewing expiration list with service person to determine appropriate action and collection of information to prepare renewal submissions.
- Be a visible leader in an industry and actively participate in industry associations, organizations, boards and charities, as appropriate.
- Be a spokesperson for Bender Insurance Solutions and our positive position in the risk management industry.
- Participate in on-going staff and sales meetings as directed.
- Maintain knowledge of commercial lines carrier products and services.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including survey data and loss history.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
SKILL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Four- year degree from an accredited college or university and/or three years or more of successful business-to-business sales experience at one company.
- Have a license in good standing or the ability to obtain a license.
- Minimum of 3 years insurance experience including strong knowledge of insurance terminology, concepts and coverage preferred.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Ability to solve practical problems; deal with concrete variables in situations; and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret industry periodicals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Agency Management Systems; ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Ability to utilize social media marketing sources, as well as, traditional marketing sources.
- Ability to set priorities and perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to achieve company goals.
- Ability to adapt to a paperless environment.
- This is an Exempt Position, which will require more than a 7.5 hour work day – Monday thru Friday.
- This work environment is high pressured and fast-paced and accuracy is essential to successful task completion.
- The office is that of a highly technical company supporting a paperless environment.
- Travel may be required.
- Some physical efforts such as lifting objects under 10 pounds and climbing small step ladders to reach supplies.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that are encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bender Insurance Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law