Works closely with CIO and the IT team to provide professional IT service and assistance to EMSMC employees, remote users, business partners, clients, and vendors.
- Support the department with up-to-date knowledge regarding helpdesk activities and current department projects.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all applications and IT-related processes.
- Resolve user-reported problems that have been escalated by other staff using available tools and following procedures and policies.
- Participate in major IT projects as needed, such as new infrastructure deployment.
- Act as a liaison between clients and internal staff to assure accurate problem interpretation. Maintain communications with both parties during the problem resolution process.
- Escalate problems and/or concerns to appropriate management in a timely manner.
- Set up new hardware, software, and user access accounts in accordance with company standards.
- Monitor and maintain hardware and software applications, including workstation operating systems, antivirus, and all business-related applications.
- Participate in providing users with additional knowledge through planned classes, lunch/learns, etc.
- Conduct all job tasks, duties, and interactions with professionalism, respect, a positive attitude, and in accordance with company compliance policies and applicable government regulations
- Consistently support and demonstrate the company mission and values
- Keep Sr. Leadership team informed as requested
- Involvement in special projects, committees as directed
- Provide backup to other IT staff as needed
Required Education, Skills, & Experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience supporting end-users in a help desk environment
- Microsoft Server 2012 or higher
- Active Directory Management/Group Policies
- Microsoft Office365
- Ability to learn, understand, and work within specific client requirements
- Willing and able to adapt to changes in a work environment, procedures, priorities, and job duties
- Willing and able to expand work hours to meet business needs, sometimes with little or no notice. This includes participation in the on-call rotation.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function well within a cross-functional team setting and independently
Preferred Education, Skills, & Experience
- Citrix (XenApp) and Remote Desktop Services
- One or more of the following IT certification (A+, Network+, MCP, CCENT, VCP)
- Understanding of network switching, VLANs and routing
- VMware server management (4.1/5.5)
- Working knowledge of HIPAA regulations, Medicare, Medicaid, insurance, liability, and tertiary payment methods
Working Environment/Physical Requirements
- General office environment
- Will be contacted after hours/weekends/evenings if IT problems arise; may need to respond to the office in person to address such problems
- Frequent typing/data entry
- Sitting for long periods of time, some standing
- Lifting, carrying, squatting, bending, and/or crawling as needed to assist users, connect PC equipment, etc.
- Use of basic office equipment such as PC, fax, printer, copier, telephone, scanner
- Some travel required