PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking an experienced Application Support Specialist.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Responsible for a broad range of activities surrounding the implementation and support of multi-service applications that automate the capture of clinical and billing information and its subsequent reporting and retrieval. (Examples of applications include but are not limited to NextGen Healthcare PM and EHR, QSI / EDR, Guardian Rx / Carepoint, and/or Corepoint Interface Engine)
- Acquires and maintains current comprehensive knowledge of the applications involved to determine what workflow issues versus system / application deficiencies are.
- Assists with the implementation, integration and customization of the products obtained by PTHA.
- As directed, create, modify and generate reports from PTHA applications within defined time frames.
- As directed, perform analysis, troubleshoot, template and document modification / development and testing within defined time frames.
- Log all problems upon receipt, document problem resolution within 24 hours of ticket closure, and escalate those requiring a higher level of technical support to the appropriate person or team.
- Analyzes and evaluates processes related to information flow and properly documents work performed and solutions to issues within defined time frames.
- Trains and assists staff in the efficient use of the current applications and provides new hire application training as requested by department managers.