Coordinates the planning, staffing, scheduling and execution of all events, activities, and services of the Rock Kids Ministry, which includes children from 0 years to Fifth Grade, under the direct supervision of the Rock Kids Pastor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruits, trains, and shepherds coaches and other volunteers leaders from infants to fifth grade.
- Conducts regular meetings with Rock Kids coaches and volunteer leaders as needed. Biblically mediates and resolves parent-volunteer, volunteer-volunteer, and volunteer-child conflicts and challenges.
- Attends outside training conferences, seminars, and/or workshops for employee growth and to further educate/train our volunteer leaders and coaches on the best practices in working with children from infants to fifth grade.
- Oversees the operations of both Sunday service and mid-week programming for Rock Kids Ministries.
- Oversees Infants to Fifth Grade classrooms and ensures a clean, safe and family-friendly environment is maintained in all Rock Kids classrooms, monitoring that all equipment, furniture, toys, etc. are sanitized, maintained and reporting any needed maintenance/repair/design issues needs in a timely manner.
- Provides administrative support needed to effectively manage the Rock Kids Ministry, such as: volunteer application processing, filing, record keeping, budget tracking, etc.
- Ensures adequate volunteer staffing for both Sunday and midweek ministry.
- Purchases needed supplies/materials and facilities set up for all Rock Kids classes and activities for both Sunday and midweek ministry.
- Promptly reports all Sunday and midweek numbers for reports, including attendance and volunteer tracking.
- Facilitates prayer, devotion and informational meetings for volunteers before each service.
- Assisting with team member/volunteer recruitment and engagement for Rock Kids.
- Responsible for collaborating with other Rock Kids leaders to create, plan, schedule and execute Rock Kids special events.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Rock Kids Pastor.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of 6 units of Education to include Child Growth and Development.
- Minimum of 2 years experience on a church children’s ministry staff (preferred).
- Minimum of 1 year management or supervisorial experience – either with staff or volunteers.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and provide excellent customer service
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for MAC (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate
- Ability to design, monitor and track files as necessary for job function
- Pleasant personality and ability to interact in a consistent positive manner using a high degree of diplomacy, discretion, flexibility and courtesy in gesture and in speech
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems, including potentially harmful or threatening issues or situations, and quickly apply resources in finding appropriate solutions to mitigate potential negative effects and minimize civil liability
- Ability to work well under pressure, exercise good judgment and make sound decisions
- Ability to speak to large groups on security matters and relay instruction as appropriate
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements:
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services, Toys for Joy, as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event
- Member of the Rock Church L.I.F.E program and demonstrates the ability to work in line with the Rock Mission, Vision and Values (or willing to transfer membership to the Rock Church).
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, be flexible and innovative
- Professional attitude and demeanor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor. External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis
Employment at the Rock Church and Academy is “At-Will,” meaning either the Rock or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at anytime, for any reason, with or without advance notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.