Position: FIBERGLASS FABRICATOR
Business Unit: Hartzell Air Movement
Location: Piqua, OH
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Basic Function: Performs fiberglass fabrication functions to a finished part or product using established procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Able to operate small hand held tools. (eg) grinders, drills, sanders, cutting wheels, saws, etc.
- Works with various materials including fiberglass resin, vinyl ester resins, and acetone.
- Experience in rolling, chopping, spraying fiberglass.
- Experience in removal air bubbles and smooth surfaces as well as bond together fiberglass pieces.
- Trim excess fiberglass extending from edge of flange
- Be able to follow instructions carefully, which may require basic reading skills and the ability to follow diagrams and pictures
- Work with fiberglass molds, applying fiberglass resin to surface of molds prior to fiberglass mat placement
- Perform structural and cosmetic repairs to variety of parts.
- Must be able to read tape measure.
- Supports the Hartzell Culture initiatives and displays and portrays the Hartzell Values.
- Supports the company’s Lean initiatives and assists in Lean projects as required.
- Follows all safety practices and rules. Maintains clean and safe working environment in line with company policies.
- Supports other departments or completes other duties as necessary.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Previous fiberglass fabrication experience is strongly desired.
- Previous experience with hand held grinders, drills, hammer, cutting torch, plasma cutting torch, seam welder, flange punch, drill press is strongly desired.
- Have manual dexterity and ability to carry out repetitive tasks..
- Previous application of Lean manufacturing and structured problem solving tools is a plus.
- Good understanding of blue print reading and excellent math skills.
- Must be able to read squares, protractors, and measuring tapes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Lifts frequently (60% of normal work day) material weighing 10 – 25 lbs. Occasionally lifts (25% of normal work day) material weighing 25 – 50 lbs. Lifting generally from floor level to waist level.
- Must reach, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Be able to read part numbers and directions provided on a worksheet.
- Must be reliable and willing to work overtime when required.
- Must have a good work history record