Conair, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is a leading producer of auxiliary equipment for the plastics processing industry. We make and market over 450 different products, including resin-drying systems, blenders, feeders and material-conveying systems, temperature-control equipment and granulators. Extrusion solutions include gravimetric control systems, film and sheet scrap-reclaim systems and downstream equipment for pipe and profile extrusion. Conair is also a leader in plastics process integration, engineering and installing complete manufacturing systems that help plastics processors manage their valuable raw materials, handle their critical manufactured parts, and improve their process yield.
The Painter is responsible for ensuring that all parts and assemblies are properly prepared prior to painting, including the masking of surfaces that need to be protected from paint. This position reports to the Production Manager and is located in Pinconning, Michigan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare metal and steel surfaces for painting;
- Degrease, clean and dry paintable areas;
- Deburr sharp metal edges;
- Sand metal edges, surfaces, and flat areas;
- Tape off equipment for paint preparation;
- Prime paint small parts for final paint;
- Remove stickers, tags, glue, and unwanted items from equipment;
- Determine quality of paint, haze, etc. for repaint or re-prep;
- Learn to paint equipment and fill in when primary painter is out;
- Bead Blast parts and Black Oxide treat them.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED and/or ten (10)+ years of direct work experience without formal education;
- Position typically expects six (6) to ten (10) years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of the position;
- Possess basic math skills;
- Ability to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job;
- Ability to work under moderate supervision;
- Demonstrate flexibility when confronted with change;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of the organization;
- Mission focused with a sense of urgency when required;
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a continuous improvement environment.
The IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling and industrial heat transfer markets. IPEG, Inc. is a corporate entity which provides best-in-class manufacturing and business support services to its brands in order to create a competitive advantage for each of the brands to drive better solutions for customers.
At IPEG, we focus on two things: Customers and Employees. And we have a saying that if we do right by both of them, everything else takes care of itself. We have formalized this into IPEG’s Purpose: To foster excellence and inspire confidence in our customers and employees.
IPEG offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.