Mental Health Connecticut, Inc. is a statewide not-for-profit agency that provides direct services to adults with severe and persistent mental health conditions, presents workshops about mental health, and mounts reform efforts to help shape state policies and laws.
MHC has an immediate full-time opening for an Information & Technology Desktop Support Specialist position in the Bridgeport area. Statewide travel will be required and is an essential responsibility of the position. Frequent travel to the West Hartford office, especially during the start of employment, is required. This position will be responsible to build, configure, install, troubleshoot and repair personal computer hardware and software applications, and work with tools to track, schedule, complete, and document jobs.
Salary Range: $21-$25 per hour commensurate with experience. MHC offers a competitive benefits package.
• Medical (Current employee coverage 80% paid for by MHC)
• Voluntary Vision & Short Term Disability insurance
• Long Term Disability insurance fully paid for by MHC
• 403b Retirement Plan (company match is $.50 for every dollar contributed, up to 6%)
• Paid time off (Paid holidays, vacation time, personal time, floating holiday time, sick time)
The IT Desktop Support Specialist responsibilities include:
• Provides day-to-day technical support to local and remote employees for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware.
• Installs, configures and maintains personal computer system and application software
• Troubleshoots and resolves personal computer problems
• Works with help desk ticketing system to open, update and close tickets in a timely and complete manner.
• Communicates effectively to end users to identify response time, resolution and conveys necessary knowledge for corrective actions.
• Assists in the operation and support of other end user technology such as phones, voicemail, faxing, teleconferencing, and others.
• Ability to work under general supervision
Mental Health Connecticut, Inc. is a state-wide organization. The Information & Technology Desktop Support Specialist can anticipate the need to travel to locations throughout the state and to interact with employees, contractors, vendors, and any other people or organizations critical to the Organization’s success.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and A+ and Network+ certificates highly preferred
• Minimum 2 year experience as a desktop support/Thinclient technician.
• Knowledge of major Windows system software, Microsoft Office, and batch files.
• Experience with installation and configuration of OS and tools
• Experience with basic Win7 network troubleshooting tools
• Hardware installation and repair experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid CT driver’s license, auto insurance and registration.
Mental Health Connecticut is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
No phone calls please