Civil Design, Inc.
A certified Woman Business Enterprise, Civil Design, Inc. is a civil engineering firm of 100+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Our services include Infrastructure + Analytics, Site, Structures, Survey, and Water Resources. This year, Civil Design, Inc. will be celebrating its 26th year in business and has offices in Collinsville, IL, Effingham, IL, Jefferson City, MO, Louisville, KY, and St. Louis, MO.
CDI has a strong people-oriented culture and holds a drive to build stronger teams, client relationships and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, mutual trust and respect, personal ownership, and responsiveness, CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere that drives our quality engineering services.
CDI believes in creating a culture of well-being through everything we do, and places value on thoughtfully integrating daily work into our team members’ lives. We encourage flexible schedules, allowing team members to dedicate time to both their work and personal lives. With this position, paid time off, annual volunteer time off hours, up to a 4% 401(k) match, and numerous learning and growth opportunities
- Responsible for planning and coordinating the technical aspects of civil site engineering projects.
- Responsible for being the CDI project point of contact with clients, project team consultants, and contractors.
- Work on civil site development projects by leading the general design of site, utility and grading improvements.
- Work on all aspects of the project process, from management and design to field work and construction administration.
- Layout and detail such site improvements as parking lots, sidewalks/ADA compliance, exterior building utilities (sanitary, storm, domestic/fire water, natural gas, etc.), roadway entrances, site grading, stormwater management, erosion/sediment controls, etc.
- Design sustainable site improvements, such as bioretention basins, pervious pavements, bioswales, etc.
- Work in AutoCAD to design and draft project improvements.
- Help to identify and troubleshoot potential constructability issues prior to contractor bid.
- Work with a team of professionals in developing site civil engineering plans, reports and specifications for a multitude of different land development uses.
- Support the site team by using your past experiences and unique talents to contribute to successful project outcomes.
- Mentor less experienced engineers and designers.
- Willingness to grow and take on increasing responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from a four-year college or university.
- Professional Engineer’s License (in good standing).
- 5-10 years’ experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D.
- Knowledge of civil site-related technical design in land/site development.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with building and sustaining strong client relationships.