Fairstead is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Asset Management to join our real estate team. As the Director of Asset Management, you will be responsible for overseeing and optimizing the performance of our real estate portfolio. Your primary focus will be on enhancing the value of our assets, maximizing returns and mitigating risks.
- Develop and execute comprehensive asset management strategies for the mixed income portfolio.
- Conduct through financial analysis, including cash flow projections, budgeting, and financial modeling to evaluate the performance and potential of each property.
- Create and manage asset level business plans.
- Oversee residential and retail leasing through broker management and pricing strategies.
- Identify opportunities to enhance asset performance by analyzing market trends, property operations, and capital improvements. Implement strategies to maximize property values, rental income, and occupancy rates.
- Assess and manage risk factors associated with the portfolio, including market conditions, leasing and occupancy risks, and capital expenditure requirements. Develop contingency plans and risk mitigation strategies.
- Prepare regular performance reports and updates for senior management, investment, and other stakeholders.
- Present investment strategies, financial analyses, and portfolio performance in a clear and concise manner.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including acquisitions, development, and leasing, to align asset management strategies with broader organizational goals.
To perform the job successfully, the following skills and/or experience is required to qualify for the position.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ applicable real estate experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Financial modeling (Microsoft Excel) and analytical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong project management skills and follow-through
- Demonstrated competency in financial statement analysis, business valuation, accounting and finance.
- Knowledge of the NYC residential and retail rental market a plus
- Manages multiple priorities while demonstrating the initiative to produce results by driving processes
- Team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism.
- Bright and flexible with strong organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Sound judgement
- 20-25% travel required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation: $175,000 - $200,000 + bonus eligible
Health Benefits: employer paid medical, dental and vision
DTO/Sick/Personal: Discretionary paid time off and sick time off
Generous holiday schedule, paid maternity leave
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- 401K Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Long Term Disability
- Nationwide Pet Insurance