PKF Mueller is an award-winning, full-service, certified public accounting and business advisory firm serving clients both domestically and internationally. Since its 1968 founding, the Firm has significantly grown and currently serves clients from multiple offices in the Chicagoland area as well as an office in Sarasota, Florida. PKF Mueller provides a complete range of accounting, auditing, tax, consulting, and business advisory services.
According to Inside Public Accounting, PKF Mueller is a top 150 ranked U.S.-based accounting firm and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” Crain’s Chicago Business has also named PKF Mueller one the largest accounting firms in the Chicago Metropolitan area. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” consecutively for over 10 years.
Our people are the center of everything we do, and we are committed to fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their authentic self to work every day. We value each employee’s unique background, culture, viewpoint, and identity, and how these contribute to new ideas and perspectives that help us all succeed – together.
We are currently searching for an Audit Supervisor to join our Elgin, Orland Park or Chicago office. The Audit Supervisor is responsible for overseeing audit engagements and is responsible for resolving most accounting issues that arise during the audit engagement with the guide of the Audit Manager. The Audit Supervisor performs most engagements with minimal supervision and will direct staff and instruct them in the work to be performed, check work completed and direct necessary revisions.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities of an Audit Supervisor:
- Supervising the work of audit staff and provide on the job training.
- Lead specialized and complex audits.
- Prepare draft of financial statements and management letters.
- Report progress of audit and engagement to both audit manager and audit partner.
- Perform audit or review procedures as assigned by audit managers.
- Conduct research, prepare memorandums and summarize findings.
- Demonstrate ability to assume responsibility for supervision of the daily fieldwork of engagements and client contact.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years of progressive public accounting experience or equivalent with experience in a medium to large sized public accounting firm.
- CPA or eligibility to sit is highly desirable.
- Strong technical accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Have a strong personal identification with PKF Mueller’s firm values.
- Possess a valid drivers license or have reliable transportation to perform the job requirements.
Total Rewards: We are committed to providing our greatest assets, our people, with a competitive salary along with a wide range of comprehensive benefits, perks, and rewards to support their and their family’s overall well-being. Our employee offerings deliver maximum options and flexibility to fit each individual’s needs. Check them out here!
Opportunities for Advancement: Given our unique business strategy, we are experiencing growth that will provide significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the firm. Our Pathways to Success document outlines the progression from Associate to Partner level.
Travel Requirement: 40% (mostly local travel but some non-local travel may be required as needed).
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, interview, or otherwise participate in the recruiting process, please call us at 800-888-8600 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.