Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability- TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact- TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment- The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards- TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
The Coding Manager is responsible for leading the coding efforts for staff and physicians across the TOA’s healthcare delivery system striving for compliance and best practices. This position also ensures coding services meet productivity and quality standards to support the financial goals of the organization. This position reports to the Director of Revenue Cycle.
- Conduct chart audits, report outcomes to compliance team & provide on-going education to provider’s on ICD-10, CPT & HCPCS coding systems.
- Ensure coding & data entry team are actively and timely working and addressing assigned tasked work files.
- Develop & direct appeals work tasks to ensure completion timely.
- Monitor & report for outcomes of appeals as well as tracking through the appeal process.
- Monitor data entry for accuracy – Provide on-going constructive and / or positive feedback
- Work with providers and coding staff to identify and resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work collaboratively with physicians and leadership to ensure internal customer satisfaction and efficient workflows.
- Develop standards and guidelines for medical record documentation including reporting on deficiencies and training to remediate.
- Proactively monitor environment for opportunities for further improvement.
- Work with Compliance Manager on coding documentation issues if need be.
- Proactively manage, including communications and escalation paths, significant issues affecting documentation (EHR) operations.
- Responsible for coaching, professional development, and mentoring coding and data entry staff
- Provide guidance and motivation to staff regarding identification of activities/areas where performance can be improved.
- Ensure documentation and coding practices meet CMS guidelines and the compliance goals of the organization.
- Participate in efforts and activities to improve the documentation process within the Electronic Health Record.
- Develop edits within claims scrubber software including testing and validation.
- Participates in the development of testing scenarios and takes ownership of reviewing results to provide constructive feedback.
- Responsible for effective identification of staffing resources, recruitment and allocation of resources.
The ideal candidate will be a Certified Professional Coder with 5 + years’ experience as Coding Manager. Extensive knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT-4, and HCPCS II coding systems required. Management experiences in a large healthcare system a plus.Graduated of accredited medical coding program & has maintained continuing education credits.
- Prior success managing a high performing team is required, with management of coders and/or telecommuting employees a plus
- Team-oriented and adaptable
- Problem-solving skills
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers