This position will provide support in evaluating new mixed-use development projects in Dallas-Fort Worth, Austin and Houston and select institutional redevelopment opportunities. Candidate should possess strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects. The candidate should demonstrate a high level of integrity and reliability and a strong work ethic.
A successful candidate in this role will gain the experience to become a mixed-use developer at Trademark and will receive project-level equity in each project that they make a major contribution on sourcing and/or executing on the development.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Support development and research team in sourcing and analyzing new mixed-use and redevelopment projects.
- Establish and maintain relationships with brokers, retailers and capital partners on new development opportunities.
- Review due diligence materials, provide feedback and recommendations, and work with project team to resolve issues that affect the development plans. Route reports to appropriate third parties for review and approval.
- Develop and monitor project budgets, cash flow analysis, and pro-formas for mixed use development projects (including land development, retail, residential, multi-family and office) using Argus and Excel.
- Prepare and compile due diligence materials, budgets, and financial models to identify strengths and weaknesses of proposed projects.
- Works closely with the development team, legal team, leasing team, 3rd party consultants (surveyor, title companies, contractors, suppliers, etc.) and city officials to monitor and expedite the Development process.
- Assist in management of project budget and monthly reporting of budget status.
- Helps coordinate and process contracts and approvals following company contracting policy and department procedures.
- Review, route for approval and process all contract/consultant related invoices via company accounting system.
- Prepare monthly lender draw requests after verifying compliance with loan documents and inspector's report.
- Assist senior level team members in document/presentation creation, revisions and distribution, e.g. investment committee packages, debt and equity solicitation packages,
- Perform a variety of organizational tasks, including but not limited to, preparation and distribution of correspondence, calendar and scheduling, and meeting coordination.
- Ensures that site files are organized, maintained and updated via document management system.
- Helps communicate, implement and monitor the department policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with other teams to perform ad-hoc tasks, including Asset Management, Investments, Construction, Leasing, Accounting, Property Management, and Marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree with preference given to Finance, Construction Management or other professionally recognized equivalent discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in relevant industry work with preference given to real estate development.
- Knowledge of DFW, Austin and Houston real estate markets and key players in each market.
- Experience in mixed-use underwriting helpful but not required.
- Working knowledge of zoning matters, civil and architectural design documents.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to collect, manage, and analyze information.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects and processes.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills required.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities.
- May perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Candidate must be enthusiastic, creative, flexible and have strong technical aptitude.
- Experience in creating and managing information and reports through Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint or other presentation software.
- Proficiency in Argus and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Exposure to Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) a plus but not required.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Project, Sage. (Preferred)