BorderX Lab is the creator of the Beyond Fashion and Beauty Discovery Marketplace launched in 2014. We connect global middle class shoppers to selected American and European brands and retailers including Saks, Bloomingdales, Everlane, Finish Line and Alexander Wang. Through our direct partnerships with major American and European fashion and beauty brands we guarantee our users receive authentic products at transparent prices. For merchants, we provide a turn-key solution to China localization, payment, marketing, logistics and customer care. BorderX Lab has offices in Silicon Valley and Shanghai.
We are looking for a finance manager to add to our expanding comapany. This position will report to the CEO directly.
- Complete annual and quarterly budget planning on the company level and coordinate team leaders to do team budget planning.
- Do revenue analysis and provide business operation improvement recommendations to improve financial health.
- Do ad-hoc financial analysis of new product feature and provide recommendation from the financial perspective.
- Review the finance weekly and business monthly, analyze our financial performance based on financial statements, and provide improvement recommendations.
- Analyze our cash position and provide cash management recommendation.
- Work with accountants to develop financial update to management and board, and build a financial model to do ad-hoc analysis for the management.
- At least a bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, or related fields. Minimum 8 years of finance experience.
- Hands-on experience with creating and modeling financial statements.
- Capable of taking initiative and working autonomously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to simplify complex topics for a wide audience.
- Eligible to work in the US without visa sponsorship.
- Bilingual in Chinese and English (written & verbal) is a bonus.
You will thrive in the role if
- Confident, have a can-do attitude, able to interact professionally with all levels of employees.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate about cross-border E-commerce.
What we offer
- Be part of a diverse and awesome team.
- Benefits: family-friendly Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage; FSA Health, Dependent and Commuter Plans; 401K Plan
- Grow your expertise and career in a sustainable hyper-growth startup environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Learn how to execute in an international startup (Silicon Valley and Shanghai offices).
- Walking distance to Sunnyvale Caltrain Station and downtown restaurants.
Connect US and European brands with Chinese consumers with our mobile marketplace app: Beyond (http://www.borderxlab.com/product) through data-driven marketing technology. BorderX Lab was co-founded by three Google alumni with serious entrepreneurial experience and is headquartered in Silicon Valley. We are currently in a very high-growth mode and laser-focused on customer optimization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.