BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Project Manager, reporting to the VP of Project Execution. Job Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- P&L responsibility for one individual or a portfolio of projects
- Providing periodic reporting for executive consumption and construction lenders
- Participate in pre-construction scoping to create scopes of work for EPC contracts
- Assist in selecting contractors and negotiating EPC contracts
- Manage procurement, contractor and subcontractor buyout at the project-level.
- Manage EPC contractors (and subcontractors as applicable) to execute projects on schedule and on budget
- Administer/manage construction contracts to ensure compliance with contract, utility, permits, AHJ, state and local building codes and zoning regulations
- Oversee pre-commissioning, start-up testing, acceptance testing and punch list to ensure high quality construction
- Oversee project turnover from construction phase to the asset management team
BlueWave's mission is to protect our planet by transforming access to renewable energy. As a pioneering renewable energy company that develops and owns solar and battery storage projects, BlueWave has a long track record of success and is developing several gigawatts of solar and battery storage projects throughout the United States to ensure our grid is reliable and efficient in a clean energy future. BlueWave is proud to be a certified B Corp, recognized by B Labs as "Best in the World" in Governance.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, cell phone reimbursement, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Clear writing and communication skills
- Managed 5 ground-mounted solar photovoltaic projects from start to finish in the capacity of either project manager or assistant project manager either with an owner or prime contractor
- Engineering or construction background with a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience on the field managing contractors and subs for at least 2 years
- Proficiency in CPM scheduling concepts and tools (MS Project or Primavera P6)
Targeted starting annual base salary for this role is $90,000 -$130,000.
Actual compensation will be influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, job-related knowledge, skills, education, licenses/certifications, essential job duties and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications.
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.