Avesta Housing is looking for an organized and motivated individual to ensure the overall operational health of an assigned portfolio of properties, while providing excellent customer service and a quality living environment to all residents.
About Avesta Housing
Avesta Housing is a local leader in housing development, property management, and assisted living solutions. Founded in 1972, our nonprofit organization serves individuals and families in need of quality affordable housing in Maine and New Hampshire.
What it’s Like to Work Here
Our team members have positive attitudes, are creative problem solvers, and share a dedication to housing equity and inclusion for all. Our shared commitment to improving the lives of others and strengthening our communities through affordable housing gives us purpose and inspires our best work. Our workplace culture and continuous opportunities for growth have resulted in Avesta Housing being a popular place to work.
What We're Looking For
The person who is ready for this opportunity will have experience in the field of property management and will meet the following requirements:
- Excellent judgment
- Caring attitude
- Detail oriented
- Good communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with contract preparation and monitoring budgets
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Experience managing multi-family housing preferred.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel.
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact, discretion, diplomacy, listening, and problem-solving.
- Ability to work successfully with a wide variety of people, departments, and circumstances.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate in English.
Click HERE to view the full Property Manager job description. This is a full-time (37.5 hours/ week), non-exempt position. Pay range is $23-$26 per hour.
Work Location This is an on-site position which requires regular travel between properties throughout the greater Portland region.
We have excellent employee benefits, including:
- Employer-paid health and dental plans for employees
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate vested match of up to 6%
- Employer-paid basic life, long-term and short-term disability
- Free mental wellness services for benefits-eligible employees
- 13 paid holidays
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- Generous earned time, starting with 19 days in first year of employment
- Professional development assistance
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Ready to Apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, please click through to our Employment Application. A resume and cover letter that tells us how your experience is relevant to this role are required.