Fairstead is a purpose driven, national real estate developer. We believe an organization united in worthy goals can improve individual lives, reshape communities, and spark societal change. We are committed to creative positive social, economic and environmental change in the lives of our residents and the communities we service and use these values to guide every decision we make. Our property management team specializes in improving and maintaining Fairstead communities through strengthening relationships with residents that foster a safe, healthy, high quality living experience. Our property Management team engages with its residents and neighborhoods to preserve each community’s unique identity and culture while maintaining its consistent, innovative, best practice approach.
We are seeking a Compliance Manager to join our on-site property management team. In this role, the Compliance Manger is responsible for maintaining compliance with the Housing Authority, executing effective annual administrative operating cycles, ensuring all requirements are completed, and liaise with the residents, housing authorities, and other stakeholders to maximize economic outcomes, and minimize operational risks.
- Oversee on-site compliance team, ensuring leases and reporting are completed on time for management and the housing authority.
- Maintain vacancy list and housing authority waitlist.
- Oversee preliminary completion of files to ensure they are compliant with the housing authority’s guidelines and standards.
- Ensure the state monitoring databases are updated monthly as required.
- Prequalify applicant income and screenings for vacant units.
- Facilitate new and renewal lease signings.
- Track, maintain and notify housing authority of all transfer inquiries and requests.
- Ensure documentation/forms used by site staff is up to date and compliant with the housing authority.
- Provides superior customer service to residents and prospective tenants by promptly responding to all incoming calls, messages, and emails in a professional, respectful manner.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Two (2) years of affordable housing compliance experience with knowledge of affordable housing multifamily leasing and compliance
- TACC, COS, BOS, AHM or other widely known affordable housing compliance certifications preferred.
- Excellent communication skills- written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including experience managing people (in multiple locations preferred)
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including advanced excel functions.
- Yardi experience (preferred) or ability to learn new software quickly.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation: $80,000 - $95,000 + bonus eligible
Health Benefits: Generous employer contribution medical, dental. Employer paid vision.
15 PTO, 7 sick days
Generous holiday schedule, paid maternity leave
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- 401K Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Long Term Disability
- Nationwide Pet Insurance
Fairstead is a purpose-driven real estate firm dedicated to building sustainable communities across the country. Headquartered in New York, with offices in Colorado, Florida, Maryland, and South Carolina, Fairstead oversees a $7.8 billion portfolio in assets and identified pipeline, and owns and manages more than 170 communities across 28 states. Fairstead’s commitment to communities is realized through a comprehensive platform that leverages in-house expertise in acquisitions, development, design and construction, marketing, and property management. Fairstead also implements some of the industry’s most proactive sustainability, resiliency, and community impact programs to foster positive social, economic, and environmental change. In 2022, the company launched Fairstead Ventures, a proptech investment initiative dedicated to fundamentally changing the standards in the housing industry with a focus on energy and decarbonization.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values