As a Sr. Director, Product Development you will:
The role is responsible for the product life-cycle management through Navvis partner and direct commercial efforts. The role will work closely with clinical, implementation, operations, IT, among other Navvis leadership and external partners to lead product development / management efforts according to Navvis business requirements. The role will be responsible for maintaining a deep technical knowledge of each product element and will drive an integration strategy for a seamless data and workflow experience. The role will be assigned responsibilities across specific product initiatives as a product technology owner. This role will communicate effectively throughout the organization and with our partners, in addition to key internal / external business stakeholders to achieve company objectives.
Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are required. (S)He should be a quick learner with exceptional problem solving skills to find solutions to complex issues. (S)He should be capable of establishing a design for a seamless product offering solving the interdependences of each element to provide our customers with an integrated data and workflow experience. Candidates must demonstrate strong product development / management leadership skills working with multidisciplinary teams at Navvis and our partners across diverse geographies. (S)He should be results oriented, organized, and able to manage a wide array of projects and initiatives. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment across multiple clinical and business units is required. Strong working knowledge of healthcare development, application architecture, integration strategies and current development methodologies is necessary. Candidates must have 7+ years of relevant experience aligned to the expectations of the role.
A Day in the Life:
• Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form
• Ability to comprehend clinical needs and the voice of the customer
• Confident, articulate, literate and professional at all times
• Ability to lead a wide array of projects within deadlines
• Constantly strives to learn new technologies and methodologies
• Ability to balance technical requirements to achieve business needs
• Ability to engage with executive leadership and deliver presentations
• Must be self-motivated, disciplined and take responsibility in the role
• Overall proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
• Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate relevant information
• Ability to understand business needs for translation into requirements
• Able to communicate complex ideas effectively, clearly and completely
• Ability to identify actions, steps and resources needed to accomplish goals
• Strong knowledge and skills for integrated solutions
What Success Looks Like in this Role:
Deliver Navvis Products According to a Lifecycle Process Aligned to Business and Clinical Needs
• Establish product technology requirement specifications guided by the Navvis Solution needs.
• Clearly communicate the product direction and strategy aligned to business goals and objectives.
• Plan appropriately for contingencies to insure circumstances do not adversely impact release plans.
• Ensure releases are completed on time and at a level of quality meeting HIPAA/FDA guidelines.
Lead Relationship Management as a Product Tech Owner for Partner and Direct Commercial Efforts:
• Lead partner relationships to insure implementation of a seamless, integrated product offering.
• Manage a joint lifecycle development process aligning partner release cycles with the product ecosystem.
• Track detailed product development schedules from concept through commercial transfer for deployment.
• Maintain a Partner Interface Specification outlining the strategy for data and workflow integrations.
Pursue Products within the Navvis Ecosystem for a Seamless Data and Workflow Experience:
• Seek consensus for an integrated product strategy among Navvis partners within the ecosystem.
• Maintain strong personal relationships with partner leaders to operate as a fully integrated team.
• Stay current with the Partner product release pipelines to jointly align product roadmap initiatives.
Translate the Navvis Solution Business / Clinical / Voice of the Customer Needs into Products:
• Show strong aptitude, strategic thinking and creative abilities to translate business / clinical / VOC needs.
• Acquire an exceptional understanding of the how customers interact with product applications.
• Maintain prioritized Business Requirements Specifications and implement phase reviews for sign-off.
• Pursue user acceptance testing to confirm products meet the business / clinical / VOC needs.
• Ensure that required processes are followed in support of each Navvis healthcare release.
• Support the diagnosis and resolution of escalated customer issues that are identified.
• Track customer feedback improvements and confirm prioritization with key leaders.
Support Successful Product Launches by Engaging with Multi-disciplinary Navvis Teams:
• Support the formation of detailed schedules identifying all efforts for successful product launches.
• Dive into the details necessary to anticipate and mitigate risks of product deployments with customers.
• Engage with multi-disciplinary leaders to ensure product launch efforts are driven according to schedules.
• Engage with marketing in the formation of product messaging, presentations, demos and other content.
Engage as a Product Expert in Partner Assessments:
• Review the partner solutions, interfaces, among other areas from a product perspective.
• Assess new partners opportunities based upon their ability to fit within the overall product solution.
• Support the contracting of new partner engagements by providing product guidance.
Track and Communicate Navvis’ Development Status:
• Implement and track project plans utilizing online tools which insure on-time product deliverables.
• Maintain action lists which track all of the necessary deliverables required for successful releases.
• Clearly articulate the status and near-term plans to the organization on a regular basis.
• Execute according to phased Product Solution Development Process for direct / partner programs.
Stay Current on Product and Industry Domain Knowledge:
• Possess knowledge for all Navvis offerings including people, process and technology.
• Demonstrate the ability to become an expert user of all products within the offering.
• Possess healthcare industry knowledge across all relevant areas.
• Maintain awareness of healthcare product advances and trends.
• Monitor the market / competitive landscape of products.
Maintain Required Skills and Nurture the Organization:
• Nurture a high performing and growing organization.
• Identify and implement required training as needed.
• Maintain development and quality assurance skills.
• Maintain accountability relative to business goals.
We are excited about you if you have these things:
• Population Health, healthcare analytics, risk stratification, among related areas
• Analytics platform tool experience such as Power BI, Tableau, among related tools
• Database platform solutions including Microsoft SQL or Postgre-SQL, among related tools
• Healthcare data interfaces such as Claims, EMR-Clinical/ADT, Pharmacy, HIE, among others
• Healthcare EMR platforms including EPIC, Cerner, Allscripts, Athenahealth, among others
• Advanced mathematics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, bots, among related area
• Product development or product management experience