FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Division: Ambitrans Medical Transport
Reports To: Area Supervisor
Date: Evergreen Position
Purpose: To provide Advance Life Support patient care and ambulance transportation. Also performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
1) Provides emergency and non-emergency ambulance operations in conjunction with a partner, demonstrating excellent driving judgment and due regard for public safety during operation and positioning of unit.
2) Responds to all assigned calls in the most appropriate, safe, and efficient manner to quickly assess the scene and request other help if needed.
3) Provides BLS or ALS patient care in accordance with established ACLS and BTLS policies, procedures and observing prescribed local protocols and clinical practices. Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate techniques, resources, and equipment.
4) May work with an EMT or another Paramedic in an ALS operation, providing overall care in the areas of patient assessment, packaging and transport.
5) Completes appropriate medical records and transportation reports.
6) Maintains a thorough working knowledge of current Paramedic standards of care, including equipment function and use.
7) Maintains a thorough working knowledge of local geography, including mapping, street and GPS systems.
8) Maintains units and equipment in a clean, organized and ready condition after each response.
9) Completes or ensures completion of vehicle mechanical check off at the beginning of each shift ensuring that fuel, fluid levels, and tire air pressure are adequate at all times. Reports equipment damage or malfunctions as prescribed.
10) Ensures that the daily equipment and supplies check sheet is completed, narcotic accountability book is completed and all equipment is in good working order.
11) Completes all station duties and maintains crew quarters in a neat and serviceable condition.
12) Must be able to physically report to work in a timely manner on a regular basis
QUALIFICATIONS required to perform ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Emergency clinical practices, procedures and protocol
Use of medical and related emergency equipment
Evaluating and treating patients
Exercising judgment, dexterity and physical coordination
Preparing clear and concise reports
Driving emergency vehicles
Behavioral and Physical Skills:
Ability to act calmly and quickly in emergency situations
Can work independently as part of a team, sometimes alongside emergency fire and police units
Able to create and maintain a positive and cooperative working environment in stressful situations
Able to work during odd hours and for extended periods, sometimes outdoors and in adverse weather conditions
Can work with much standing, bending, and kneeling
Able to work with partner in lifting patients whose weight occasionally exceeds 250 pounds
Strength required but not limited to arms, legs, and shoulders to lift, push and pull patients with and without assistance at various times.
Able to avoid or minimize health risks and exposure for all Blood borne Pathogens and other airborne pathogens including MRSA by using personal protective equipment
Certification(s) and/or License(s):
Current State of Florida Driver’s License
Current State of Florida Paramedic Certification
Current CPR Certification
Current ACLS Certification
Education and/or Experience:
High school graduate
Completion of course-work and certification in emergency medicine
A minimum of one year of experience in the field as an EMT or Paramedic (preferred but not required)
Ambitrans Medical Transport, Inc.
Ambulance Management Services, LLC
Equal Opportunity Employers-all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Drug Free Workplace