Value Plus Flooring is currently seeking a skilled candidate to succeed in the role of Warehouse Associate. This is a full-time, hourly position that reports to the Warehouse Manager with the primary responsibility to receive, store, distribute and deliver materials, tools, equipment and products expeditiously and accurately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews customer orders, install orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, stocked, picked or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving areas to storage or from storage to staging or shipping area or to other designated area. In the case of a will-call order, picks and checks the order and assists the customer in loading.
- Sorts and places items according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style and color or product code in designated areas.
- Loads and unloads delivery truck, drives or rides in truck, and delivers orders to customers and job sites.
- Sorts and stores flammable and/or hazardous goods in designated areas.
- Fills requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock and special order items and distributes items to staging or stock areas or to other workers.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer orders.
- Drives material handling equipment to transport stored items.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of material unassisted and on a regular basis.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to drive material handling equipment (forklift). Will train if necessary.
- Possess a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record that meets the minimum requirements of the company's insurance provider.
- Ability to learn the company computer software program.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among warehouse; to handle documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 50 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Warehouse environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.