PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking a full time Physician (Same Day/Walk-In).
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 19+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide full spectrum professional health care services to PTHA patients primarily in an ambulatory setting.
- Evaluate, diagnose, and treat medical, obstetric, psychiatric, and surgical diseases and emergencies as credentialed and privileged, at PTHA and other designated facilities as assigned.
- Oversee the medical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients by other medical professionals including precepting midlevel providers as needed.
- Make referrals to specialists as per PTHA protocol and follow-up to assure quality care.
- Provide on-site health education and counseling to patients and staff.
- Responsible for completing charts thoroughly and accurately, within required time frame.
- Responsible for meeting reporting requirements of the organization as directed.
- Maintain and demonstrate professionalism and self-care techniques on an ongoing basis within the work place.
- Doctorate of Medicine or Osteopathy from an accredited institution.
- Current license to practice medicine in the State of Washington.
- Ability to obtain hospital privileges within four (4) months of hire.
- Current certification in ACLS and/or PALS and/or ALSO, as required.
- Experience and/or ability to work with an Electronic Health Records System.